Search results

1. Oliver1329

A 7wt to do it all?

Hey guys! I'm in search of a 7wt that doesn't break the bank and that I can use for all species including bass, carp, bull trout, and streamer fishing for trout. Currently, I've been looking at an Echo ION XL 9'0" 7wt, but not sure how well the rod will perform in all of those situations. Any...
  2. Oliver1329

Finally above 32 degrees!

Today was finally a day when it was above 32 degrees and I was free to fish. In the winter I hate dealing with icy guides and being super cold so I won't go fishing if it's below freezing. Recently got a lot of snow Fished here With this dropped off a very heavy pats rubberlegs Caught this...
  3. Oliver1329

Euro Rods

For all the euro nymphers out there, what is a quality euro rod that doesn't break the bank? As a 15 year old that doesn't make much money, I need something that is cheapish but I don't want a bad rod. If you have any leads or even if someone on this site is willing to sell their rod for a good...
  4. Oliver1329

Local Bass Pond

I was finally able to get out and fish today. It's been almost 2 months since the last time I fished. I went to a little bass pond with my sister. My sister took her camera and captured some amazing shots of me fishing. So much fun with the 3 weight! Because of all the sunfish I was...
  5. Oliver1329

When you can't get out on the water

What do you guys do when you cannot get out on the water for a good period of time? I know fly tying is a big one but what else? I haven't fished since March 23! My dad has been able to go out to Idaho a couple of times but I haven't been able to go with him.
  6. Oliver1329

DIY Dubbing Blends

What are some of your favorite DIY dubbing blends? I've experimented over the years mixing different kinds of dubbing together to try and get a dubbing blend I like. Here is one that I like a lot. Mixing Hare's Ear and CDC feathers together: You get a nice buggy blend: Which is great for...
  7. Oliver1329

New Design on the other forum

Has anyone seen the new design on the other forum? I check it ever so often to look at Norm fly tying posts and I had no idea where to look because of the new design. I personally hate it and I saw that @Stonedfish hated it too :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
  8. Oliver1329

Turkey Feathers

My friend just shot a turkey and gave me a ton of the feathers and I'm not really sure what to tie with them. What are some good purposes for turkey feathers? Any flies that you like to tie with turkey feathers?
  9. Oliver1329

The Revolutionary Sage R8

Has anyone on this site bought and fished the R8? Is it anything special? How does it compare to the Sage X? What are your thoughts about it?
  10. Oliver1329

Fishing along I-90

My dad is heading to Seattle from Spokane today and is planning to do some fishing. He won't have any time to fish today but tomorrow on his way home he was planning to fish the Yakima and maybe Teanaway, or anything that is along I-90. He doesn't really know any access points or anything and...
  11. Oliver1329

Skwala Patterns

What are some of your favorite adult skwala patterns? I know a simple chubby chernobyl in like a tan would work just fine but wondering if people have had good success with other patterns?
  12. Oliver1329

3wt lines

Just bought a 3wt for some small streams. It's a loop Opti K2 8'8" 3wt. I have a Redington zero reel paired with it. I'm looking for a line - nothing fancy or expensive. Any suggestions?
  13. Oliver1329

1 hour of fish rising

If you got nothing better to do and you're dreaming of dry fly fishing then you have to watch this video! Amazing videography!
  14. Oliver1329

NFR Any Sounders fans out there?

Playing a great game in the Concacaf Champions League tonight! Great to see Jordan Morris and Nico Lodeiro back on the score sheet.
  15. Oliver1329

Couple hours on the local

I got no homework at school and so I had pretty much the whole evening to kill! Headed down to the river and the sun was shining: First spot and first couple of fish! Caught 4 of pretty much the same size fish Skwalas were all over the place! I fished a pat's rubber leg and a size 16 hot...
  16. Oliver1329

Fly fishing youtubers

What are some of your favorite youtubers? I really enjoy watching Drew looknfishy. He doesn't talk much or make everything seem like he just hooked a 24+ rainbow. Just a guy fishing some really cool water!