New Design on the other forum

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
WTF! Simply amazing they'd be that clueless and tone deaf...or perhaps not.

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
I still have a thread on the front page.
VPKvC26F_o.gif

Reactions: Zak

CRO

Steelhead
The software in my old iPad won't open their site. Yet again in the last year I can't access 2 local news stations any more.

chrome/22

Low profile operator
Forum Supporter
Not the least bit surprised. You're seeing why I was immediately inspired to make our new home. I've seen how they operate before, and knew it wouldn't jive with our community.
Only thing good anymore about that site is the classifieds section

flybill

Life of the Party
From a design point, it's clean and okay. The logo with the spinning rod is hilarious though! I mean the site is named "WA Fly Fishing".. even if you don't fish, you could search for a better logo image! That's just lazy and shows they don't care much.. for me, I've been checking in on WFF.com periodically but just posting here as most of the guys I know well are here or will be here eventually!

Anyway, cheers to WFF.com of the past, Scoones and getting all this stuff started 20 years ago!! And thanks to Evan, Josh and Billy for getting this site up and running! And to me for... nevermind..

Bill

dflett68

Steelhead
a couple of rich quotes from one of their recent 2021 regulatory filings:

"We focus on hyper-specific subjects that engender strong affinity from online communities of enthusiasts, super fans, experts, pros, hobbyists and armchair
analysts."

but we don't sweat pointless details like a homepage image matching the name on the forum, that's for hobbyists...we are pros.

"Independent Communities
We also face competition from a number of smaller, independent communities. Most of these communities are
maintained as a part-time effort by an enthusiast founder with limited resources. These communities typically started
as part of their founder’s personal interests and may not have the technical and operational capabilities found in our
communities. The founders of these communities often lack the operational savviness and relationships with
advertisers to efficiently monetize their audiences. Our communities provide a better user experience and regular
software updates, in addition to better moderation and quality control. As such, we do not view independent

communities as a significant competitive threat"

or, we just buy them

VS never filed any reporting specific to WWF, which surely means it fell below any cost threshold which would trigger an internal or external reporting requirement.