Local Bass Pond

I was finally able to get out and fish today. It's been almost 2 months since the last time I fished. I went to a little bass pond with my sister. My sister took her camera and captured some amazing shots of me fishing.
Screen Shot 2022-05-15 at 5.49.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-15 at 5.49.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-15 at 5.50.13 PM.png
So much fun with the 3 weight!
Screen Shot 2022-05-15 at 5.50.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-15 at 5.50.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-15 at 5.50.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-15 at 5.51.00 PM.png
Because of all the sunfish I was catching, I tied on @clarkman baitfish that he sent me a while ago. Screen Shot 2022-05-15 at 5.51.36 PM.png
And that fly caught me an absolute tank Screen Shot 2022-05-15 at 5.51.43 PM.png
Cheers!

Last edited:

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Super deal. Great to see you got a chance to get out and do more than just wet the line..

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
Oliver…I know a guy who used to live in your neighborhood for 10-12 years. He released several 3-5 pound Large Mouth in that pond over the years. 😉

He would love to know if any of those big LM have survived the influx of pressure on that pond…I hope you catch one of them!

Are you a Tiger or a Saxon?

Oliver1329

Life of the Party
Oliver…I know a guy who used to live in your neighborhood for 10-12 years. He released several 3-5 pound Large Mouth in that pond over the years. 😉

He would love to know if any of those big LM have survived the influx of pressure on that pond…I hope you catch one of them!

Are you a Tiger or a Saxon?
I don't live in that neighborhood but I live like 10 mins away. I have yet to even catch a 2-pound largemouth out of that pond. I don't know what I'm missing. Maybe they have disappeared because of the pressure. I am sure they are in there though. I mean they have to be, I've caught so many little largies that there have to be some big ones in there. I just don't know how to target them

I am a tiger!

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
I don't live in that neighborhood but I live like 10 mins away. I have yet to even catch a 2-pound largemouth out of that pond. I don't know what I'm missing. Maybe they have disappeared because of the pressure. I am sure they are in there though. I mean they have to be, I've caught so many little largies that there have to be some big ones in there. I just don't know how to target them

I am a tiger!
Thank God you’re a Tiger😀... I

I am a tiger!

I don't think you're missing anything. A few things happened to the pond over the years. The home owner's association killed all of the cat tail that used to surround the pond and that really hurt the habitat.

About the time the cat tail's got removed the pressure went through the roof maybe because it became easier to access...maybe coincidental. As people outside of the community (not guys like you) learned about the pond it attracted the catch and keep crowd. Those of us that had been "stocking" the pond quit when we saw those fish leaving on stringers.

I'm sure there are a few bigger fish still left but not as many as there used to be.