When you can't get out on the water

Oliver1329

Life of the Party
What do you guys do when you cannot get out on the water for a good period of time? I know fly tying is a big one but what else? I haven't fished since March 23! My dad has been able to go out to Idaho a couple of times but I haven't been able to go with him.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I used to tie flies, but my shakes stopped that. So I took up day dreaming about what fish I caught and where I caught it at and on what. I usually stop fishing in October and pick it up again when the sun is shining and is warm on my back and I'm fishing in a short sleeved shirt. I quit going out it shitty weather. I save those days for the working man. I've been retired since May in the year 1999. That makes it 23 years. No wonder I'm so god damn tired. I'm an old man.

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
What do you guys do when you cannot get out on the water for a good period of time? I know fly tying is a big one but what else? I haven't fished since March 23! My dad has been able to go out to Idaho a couple of times but I haven't been able to go with him.
Lots of planning - researching places to go, techniques, gear, etc.
Go through my myriad lines to see what does what on which rod. Go through packs to see what I have for leaders and tippet, and make lists of what I need to pick up.
Pretend I'm going to organize my gear, buy a couple more organizational aids, then never use them ;)

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I don't know if you have your license or if you have any interest but this is a good time to hit some stilllwaters while the Spokane is closed and many of the other rivers are blown out. We're fortunate to have some decent lake fishing nearby.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Yard work…..which will be followed by painting……which will be followed by seal coating the driveway…..which will be followed by?????
SF

Oliver1329

Life of the Party
I don't know if you have your license or if you have any interest but this is a good time to hit some stilllwaters while the Spokane is closed and many of the other rivers are blown out. We're fortunate to have some decent lake fishing nearby.
I do not have my driver's license or I wouldn't have made this thread lol. We are fortunate to have some great lakes and other rivers near us, just need someone to take me... :ROFLMAO:

Flymph

Steelhead
On-line Surveys like Swagbucks. They are informative and you can make a little discretionary $. Of course, daily work-out, chores, home improvement projects, and gardening are priorities.