Fly fishing youtubers

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I tend to stay away from YouTube. I never got interested in that site.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I like Drew's stuff, especially since he has so much content. That I can just have it going in the background.

There's also a group who puts out a bunch of different smallie videos from Alabama who are decent as well....I forget the name.

On Vimeo, I actually purchased a musky video put out by Brad Bohen that's phenomenal. Like 8+ hours of content.

Slimy Deck

Watch your step
Olympic skier and tarpon bum Andy Mill's podcasts on YouTube: Mill House are absolutely fantastic interviews if you're a tarpon fisherman or dream of tarpon fishing. The episodes with pioneering legends such as Stu Apte, Sandy Moret, Chico Fernandez, Steve Huff, Rob Fordyce, Mark Sosin, Flip Pallot, Gordy Hill etc provide stories of their adventures, failures and successes, and great insight into the current game including rigging, technique, flies, and tackle.

Shad

Life of the Party
Yup. The hero bros I can do without, but there are plenty of folks out there that post good information, don't hot spot, and perform only minimal heroics. The bros are much better at online presence, though, so the good stuff is often buried 20 or 30 videos deep....

Fly tying videos are an awesome resource... unlimited, free fly tying classes.

jaredoconnor

Peabrain Chub
Forum Supporter
Below are my favorite channels.
  • Tom Jarman Fishing
  • Josh Miller
  • IB and Andy
  • Peachy Fly Fishing
  • NMaktima Fly Fishing
  • Tactical Fly Fisher (Devin Olsen)
  • Fly Fish Dan
  • Flying Ties
  • Fly Fish Food (Lance Egan)
These folks are all very humble, positive and helpful. Some of the better known YouTubers try too hard to be funny and edgy. They seem like arrogant douchebags, to me.

Last edited:

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I have a seriously short attention span. Kinda a new thing for me so the longer videos I just can’t seem to sit through. I try to get psyched up for a 25 minute one but it will always be about tying a fly.