Search results

1. Brian Miller

FREE Useful Dog Gear! All=Size Large

Tactical Harness This harness size chart was right on for Sprocket's measurements. All fitted items fit him well. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KVRR5VQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1 Outward Hound PFD - I believe this is the model. Tried on for size but never actually...
  2. Brian Miller

NFR RIP Bob Heil of Heil Sound & Heil Ham Radio

For all of y'all who have enjoyed listening to live concert music since the mid 1960s, from the Amateur Radio Relay League (ARRL) Newsletter today The man who defined the sound of live rock 'n' roll music and brought audio engineering principals into mainstream amateur radio use, Dr. Bob Heil...
  3. Brian Miller

Fly ID Help Please?

I'm learning to fish lakes again and have the privilege of fishing a private lake that some members of a couple of local fly clubs have created a partnership to stock. Tuesday I was trolling a beadhead black & red SimiSeal leech on an intermediate line with no results when I got to a spot about...
  4. Brian Miller

Craft Beads? Alternative Craft Store Materials to Add "Naturalistic" Characteristics?

Is anyone using craft beads? A few years back at an IFF Washington Fly Fishing Fair, there seemed to be a theme going on among many of the fly tiers with low cost alternative materials. One of which was beads. I stopped by a local bead specialty store and was amazed by the variety and the very...
  5. Brian Miller

FS Original Force Fins - Size XL - SOLD

I’ve had these for a number of years but I didn't fish still water a lot. The fins and straps are in good condition but the foam “heel strap wraps” (pads) wore out. The good news is if you really think they are necessary new “wraps” (pads) can be fashioned from heavy rubber tubing, foam...
  6. Brian Miller

Is There a Best Color for Attracting Fish?

I came across this in a Tenkara forum from an angler who believes analysis of colors that attract fish to strike lures and power bait could apply to (hotspot) colors for fly tying. It is interesting that often the colors look completely different when underwater. This video is unique in that...
  7. Brian Miller

SFR Waterproof Phone Case

I always carry my cell phone with me fishing and hiking so I can use a fishing log, Fish Washington, Gaia maps, and a couple of other apps when I'm out. I kept it in my sling pack's strap pocket for instant access. But I took a quick "dip" while wet wading last week and surprise, surprise, the...
  8. Brian Miller

"Fishing Discoveries" Tutors

I've been fly fishing since 1976. When I bought a Tenkara rod in 2017, I found the "Discover Tenkara" channel on YouTube. DT was started by a couple of anglers and guides in Great Britain; freshwater biologist Dr Paul Gaskell & John Pearson. I subscribed to and studied their DT YT channel videos...
  9. Brian Miller

Newb Sonar - Fish Finder Questions - The Fine Points; How to Make Best Use of It?

I been fly fishing for almost 50 years but haven't fished lakes much. I am brand new to fish finder-sonar and just bought a nice Garmin Striker 4 fish finder. My only frame of reference is USAF fighter interceptor weapons system radar that displayed target relative vertical & horizontal...
  10. Brian Miller

FS SeaSoft TI-Stealth 6mm Dive Boots Size Size 2XL (Mens 12, Women’s 13) for Float Tubing SOLD

From a dealer website https://www.uswaterrescue.com/collections/boots-wetsuit/products/seasoft-stealth™-6-mm-booties The mfg’s site https://www.seasoftscuba.com/stealth-boots.html check out the video These are designed and built to provide the necessary foot support to carry heavy two-tank loads...
  11. Brian Miller

Float Tube Booties

I need some booties for float tubing. I started out many years ago with some rather inexpensive Orvis booties to use with (1st gen) Force Fins. The Orvis booties had a flexible sole with no real support. Kicking around for a couple of hours in a float tube gave me excruciating cramps in my...
  12. Brian Miller

FFI (Fly Fishers International) Casting Fair Aug 13 at Lake Ballinger

The Washington Council of FFI is re-starting in-person events with a first of its kind Casting Fair. The event at Lake Ballinger Park will be a day-long program of casting skills, challenges and fly tying. Bring your rod and get expert help tuning up your cast. Bring your friends and get a...
  13. Brian Miller

Bladderless Float Tube?

I want to replace a float tube with an internal PVC bladder that I've had problems with leaking at the valve. Cleaning the valve & bladder inner-outer surfaces has not helped. The mfg is not responding to questions about (in-warranty or even purchase) of a bladder and/or valve. I've had a...
  14. Brian Miller

I'll Start - Why I Love Small Streams

Tenkara transition