What are you drinking?

Scott Salzer

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Mossback:

Your bottle is much cooler than mine. I do like peaty stuff Laphroaig- you don’t have to share it with many people.
Westland Distilling has some good stuff. I really like Highland Park 18 $$$$. Glenlivet has some good stuff.

Breck

The Whisk(e)y Dick
I lean towards Irish whiskey, screw Scotch…but my good friends like Scotch…
No reason you can't love both. I do. One of my favorite all time whiskeys is Bushmills 16yr Single Malt. Exquisite. Slainte!

Vandelay Industries

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
DAB Dortmunder Export beer

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
My favorite drink is a very dry vodka martini, very dry meaning very little vermouth. Two or three drops of vermouth and two ounces of vodka go into the shaker, one olive only in the glass or a lemon twist, shaken 14 times at the speed of a waltz. Delish. I've been using Stoly exclusively but due to recent news developments have decided to go to Crater Lake , a local vodka or Grey Goose or Ketel One. I would be willing to experiment with other vodkas if recommended by any other martini lovers. I have recently purchased a botlle of Webfoot vodka which I have yet to sample. Something to look forward to. It's made in Benton County Oregon so it's a local brand which is preferable. Life is good.

Breck

The Whisk(e)y Dick
My favorite drink is a very dry vodka martini, very dry meaning very little vermouth. Two or three drops of vermouth and two ounces of vodka go into the shaker, one olive only in the glass or a lemon twist, shaken 14 times at the speed of a waltz. Delish. I've been using Stoly exclusively but due to recent news developments have decided to go to Crater Lake , a local vodka or Grey Goose or Ketel One. I would be willing to experiment with other vodkas if recommended by any other martini lovers. I have recently purchased a botlle of Webfoot vodka which I have yet to sample. Something to look forward to. It's made in Benton County Oregon so it's a local brand which is preferable. Life is good.
Are you open to gin?

cody-

Steelhead
You and I might be polar opposites. I like a 1:1 gin to dry vermouth ratio. The more olives and the more vermouth, the better.

DFG

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
When I was a high school student my mother caught me with alcohol on my breath. After she got over it she took me aside and said (with her imitation of a stereotypical upper class teeth clench): "If you're going to drink then you should learn to drink correctly and drink gin in the summer and scotch in the winter."

Damned if she wasn't right. As soon as the weather turns warm I put the whiskey away and pull out the gin. It's like a practicing an austerity, but it does make that first martini or G&T something special, as does the first whiskey of the fall.

I'm not a fanatic about it, but I find I like it. It marks the seasons and celebrates the changing weather.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Le Cigare Volant 2016
Nice Rhone blend from Bonny Doon
Was great with the Venison steaks

Good value at 17 bucks.

mark wlker

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Not tried the CYPB. Didn't seem to have many positive reviews although, sometimes, that doesn't mean "doodleysquat". (Josey Wales)
Agree on the inconsistency of the Blood Oath, but everybody has different tastes. One likes what they like.