What are you drinking?

cody-

Steelhead
Didn't see a thread for this topic yet...

My partner bought some blackberry hard seltzers thinking they were saisons. I'm mixing this trash with low ABV Uinta lime pilsners just to make it drinkable. Wish real beer could show up here on the Utah grocery store shelves...

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
My dad used to drink that all the time. I never took to it. I settled on Jim Beam because most liquor store had it on hand. I used to drink Hill and Hill. It was pretty good booze. I've had a bottle of Vodka sitting in the closet for two years. Just can't get into boozing anymore.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Wine with dinners, not much else...Saturday night date night at home...
Last night was Villa a Sesta Riserva 2016 Chianti, paired with a Veal Parmesan w/ our home grown marinara sauce with mushrooms.
Not bad for 15 bucks, was great with dinner.
😀

cody-

Steelhead
Wine with dinners, not much else...Saturday night date night at home...
Last night was Villa a Sesta Riserva 2016 Chianti, paired with a Veal Parmesan w/ our home grown marinara sauce with mushrooms.
Not bad for 15 bucks, was great with dinner.
😀
Wine is something we've been meaning to get in to, but we always come home from the liquor store with the same box of House Malbec 🤦

I think it's mainly the inconvenience of having to go to a state liquor store for wine here that pushes me towards quantity over quality.

Mossback

Forum Supporter
Im getting old, so a nice wine with dinner is about all I want these days...the occasional cocktail or after dinner drink is also nice.
Finding good wine is easy, but finding good wine at a decent price is a bit harder.
Lol

Jerry Daschofsky

The fishing camp cook
Forum Legend
Wine is something we've been meaning to get in to, but we always come home from the liquor store with the same box of House Malbec 🤦

I think it's mainly the inconvenience of having to go to a state liquor store for wine here that pushes me towards quantity over quality.
Depending on where you live, it's really easy to get into very specific wines. Woodinville, with a couple days to spare, you can try most wineries tasting rooms. Then you have all the the actual wineries through the Yakima Valley and over towards Walla Walla. We're down to very finite wineries. So hit very specific tasting rooms in Woodinville. Though we do hit a few rooms to retry every trip up. Just in case the next vintage is better.

cody-

Steelhead
Depending on where you live, it's really easy to get into very specific wines. Woodinville, with a couple days to spare, you can try most wineries tasting rooms. Then you have all the the actual wineries through the Yakima Valley and over towards Walla Walla. We're down to very finite wineries. So hit very specific tasting rooms in Woodinville. Though we do hit a few rooms to retry every trip up. Just in case the next vintage is better.
That's definitely going to be a part of the plan once I finish my move to the Tri-Cities in April/May. Not much opportunity for it here in Utah though.

Mossback

Forum Supporter
That's definitely going to be a part of the plan once I finish my move to the Tri-Cities in April/May. Not much opportunity for it here in Utah though.
Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may be in Utah...
Old saying from a friend back in the 70's who lived there.
😉

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Wish real beer could show up here on the Utah grocery store shelves...
Hmmm, this reminds me, I'm going to Utah in May. Perhaps I should pack beer to have on hand in the various outback places I'm heading.

To answer the thread title, it was zinfandel again last night. I ate the last of the beef ribs we fixed Friday. Mrs. Salmo didn't appreciate the ribs; too much fat and hard to trim. I just ate everything that wasn't bone. And I like the variation from beef streak, hamburger, and roast. It's hard for me to not like Zin with any beef meal.

Gonna' do chicken teriyaki and vegetable fried rice tonight, so we undoubtedly have chardonnay with that.

cody-

Steelhead
Hmmm, this reminds me, I'm going to Utah in May. Perhaps I should pack beer to have on hand in the various outback places I'm heading.

To answer the thread title, it was zinfandel again last night. I ate the last of the beef ribs we fixed Friday. Mrs. Salmo didn't appreciate the ribs; too much fat and hard to trim. I just ate everything that wasn't bone. And I like the variation from beef streak, hamburger, and roast. It's hard for me to not like Zin with any beef meal.

Gonna' do chicken teriyaki and vegetable fried rice tonight, so we undoubtedly have chardonnay with that.
Not going with sake for the chicken and fried rice? Our table polished off a bottle of the unfiltered Momokawa organic junmai ginjo at a sushi restaurant last night. I typically don't go for unfiltered, but this one was good and I might try it more often.

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
I don't think I've ever had sake. We certainly don't have any in the house, and I'm not planning on shopping today.