Post your FREE STUFF (the "pay it forward" thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downsouth

Just Hatched
Up for grabs - a few fly boxes.

2 ghetto DIY boxes I made about 20 years ago from video game cases. About 4 inch by 4 inch. I actually have about a dozen of these I use - these are just a few extras. One is pretty banged up, but figured I'd offer it up and whoever gets them can choose to toss or keep.

Then there is a typical SA fly box, but the box doesn't snap shut anymore. Other than that, in good, but will used shape.

Now things get a little more interesting... Next up is an Orvis canvas fly wallet. Includes a few flies. Small and lightweight, would be great for someone doing backpacking or small stream nymphing and just wants something that can slip into a pocket. Would also do well with streamers. I probably wouldn't put dries in it.

And last, but certainly not least, is a pretty cool Wheatly style metal/aluminum fly box. It is the metal cip type and comes with many vintage flies. I got this and a bunch of other stuff from a retired school teacher who's dad fought in WWII and was into fly fishing. It is made by Perrine and is #96. Includes knot typing guide on front and says "Guaranteed for life!"

View attachment 8366

View attachment 8367
I have a couple of those Perrine boxes and I love them!

ryc72

Freshly Spawned
Hello Friends, things are getting a little out of hand in the warehouse so if anyone is wanting a rod tube or tubes please shoot me a note with your name, address and email and I will send you an invoice for $10 to cover shipping charges. If you want more than one totally ok just a heads up the shipping will go up a little. There's a mix of round nylon, round hard plastic, and square nylon.
Pm sent for a couple of cordura tubes for 4 piece 10’0” rods.

singlehandjay

Life of the Party
I have a pile of craft fur in a great selection of color and also some synthetic materials for saltwater flies. Would like to send to someone just starting tying or that doesn't have a bunch of extra money to buy materials. There is also a bunch of crosscut rabbit strips and sculpin wool too.20220317_055549.jpg20220317_055609.jpg

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
But. If you don't clean your hood and roof well enough and get a real good suction, they can come off, along with your expensive fly rods.
guess that rules me out then...

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
USGS quads for the OP
I have a big stack of them, rolled up. I grabbed them from a hallway at UW (put out for free) because maps are cool and I’m kind of a hoarder. I’ve never done anything with them. It would be cool to wallpaper a room in a section of the OP. I don’t know how much of the OP is covered but there are probably at least 75-100 full size USGS quads here.
Pickup in West Seattle.
View attachment 8330
View attachment 8331
Maps are cool. I'd hit you up on that if you weren't out in West Seattle. My kids would love those.
If you're ever in the Lynnwood or Issaquah area and still want to get rid of these hit me up (I work in the quah but live in Lynnwood).

Zak

Legend
USGS quads for the OP
I have a big stack of them, rolled up. I grabbed them from a hallway at UW (put out for free) because maps are cool and I’m kind of a hoarder. I’ve never done anything with them. It would be cool to wallpaper a room in a section of the OP. I don’t know how much of the OP is covered but there are probably at least 75-100 full size USGS quads here.
Pickup in West Seattle.
View attachment 8330
View attachment 8331
I'd love these if you still have them! I can pick up in West Seattle. I haven't been coming down from Lynwood much and cannot come this weekend (Mrs. Zak's birthday is on Sunday!@). I could probably pick up this coming week or first week in April, would that work for you?

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
Huge shoutout to @singlehandjay for his ridiculous display of generosity!! For the Harry Potter fans, that package was like Hermione's never ending bag, stuff just kept coming! I'll be in craft fur technicolor nirvana for the foreseeable future. And my daughter is ready to tie "evie specials" which is a yet to be designed pink and purple monstrosity she insists will slay.

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
Outcast fixer-upper. The bag is in good shape but the bladder has a slow leak. Filled it yesterday morning and overnight it softens. A new bladder runs about $175 the last time I checked. In Everett…

3ED490AC-DA10-4A7C-9E52-D2CC3C010775.jpeg

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
Foam, but Matt is coming to see it tomorrow, we’ll see…

Status
Not open for further replies.