Post your FREE STUFF (the "pay it forward" thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Ok one more. This one is going by itself. It's just called a Trash Panda. I went back and forth about whether or not to offer it up, but I rarely fish it.

5/0 B10S up front, 4/0 in the rear. mostly built out of raccoon. It looks incredible in the water & has some pretty insane movement but all of that raccoon really soaks up the water so it's a 10+wt fly.

Ny0cHyU.jpg

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
IMG_7625.jpgIMG_7624.jpg

This here fancy pants performance fabric hunter orange, light insulated jacket. Wife won it at a raffle at her bowling league. Guaranteed to put more meat on the hook.

Size L. Recipient pays $10 shipping

Phil K

AKA Philonius
Forum Supporter
Spring cleaning. I’m located in West Seattle but will ship at cost.

Two Medalist spools. Non-vintage made in the PRC, but they fit the 1495 just fine. One has backing, one has (old!) backing and some sort of full sink line.

[GONE]. Beulah rod sock. I got this as a replacement for a misplaced item that miraculously reappeared. I never had the matching rod to this anyway, and have no need for it. Sleeves are 32" long.

Very old school Caddis float tube. It's holding air now, but no guarantees; wear your PFD. 'Pretty sure I bought this years ago from a WFF icon, freestoneangler. Remember him?. What an AH! : )

Last edited:

Chadk

Life of the Party
Spring cleaning:

Two Medalist spools. Non-vintage made in the PRC, but they fit the 1495 just fine. One has backing, one has (old!) backing and some sort of full sink line.

Beulah rod sock. I got this as a replacement for a misplaced item that miraculously reappeared. I never had the matching rod to this anyway, and have no need for it. Sleeves are 32" long.

Very old school Caddis float tube. It's holding air now, but no guarantees; wear your PFD. 'Pretty sure I bought this years ago from a WFF icon, freestoneangler. Remember him?. What an AH! : )

Where are you located? I may be able to put those spools to use...

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
One of my daughters may be interested, but don't want to bother either of us with shipping. You ever in the Monroe area these days?
Been a few years. I live in Oregon now. Shoot me a pm and I'll see what I can do

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
Hello all. Free tying vise if anyone is interested. It was given to me by an old timer in New England a number of years back and sat in a drawer until about 4 or so years ago when I finally got into tying. I used it for a year or so before buying a true rotary vise. I have a Renzetti Traveler and another vise on the way so don’t need this as a backup any longer. I would love to give this to someone just getting into tying who might not want to spend the $$ upfront on a vise. Or if you are just looking for a serviceable back-up, this will work. Not sure the brand, but appears to be some type of regal knock off. Holds a hook really well still and is very solidly built. Let me know if anyone is interested.

AA3031D9-A54E-4124-B3F7-390CFE0E8F76.jpeg

8E02784A-1F9B-4B02-A3CE-B59CADFA622E.jpeg

EDIT - this is spoken for!

Last edited:

Chadk

Life of the Party
Hello all. Free tying vise if anyone is interested. It was given to me by an old timer in New England a number of years back and sat in a drawer until about 4 or so years ago when I finally got into tying. I used it for a year or so before buying a true rotary vise. I have a Renzetti Traveler and another vise on the way so don’t need this as a backup any longer. I would love to give this to someone just getting into tying who might not want to spend the $$ upfront on a vise. Or if you are just looking for a serviceable back-up, this will work. Not sure the brand, but appears to be some type of regal knock off. Holds a hook really well still and is very solidly built. Let me know if anyone is interested.

View attachment 6197

View attachment 6198
Looks a lot like the one @Old Man gave me many years back. Tied up a lot of flies on that thing. Any new fly tier should snatch that up.

View attachment 6197

View attachment 6198
I"ll take it if it isn't already spoken for. My grandsons are just getting into tying...

Let me know

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
I"ll take it if it isn't already spoken for. My grandsons are just getting into tying...

Let me know
One other person inquired before you. Awaiting a response but if that falls through, you’re next in line. One thing I failed to mention in my earlier post is this is heavy so would prefer to hand off in person versus ship. We can probably work something out though. I say that because I see you are in MT.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
All that's left fly-wise is the trash panda. If no one wants it, it'll probably make it's way back into my box.

M66

Freshly Spawned
Spring cleaning. I’m located in West Seattle but will ship at cost.

Beulah rod sock. I got this as a replacement for a misplaced item that miraculously reappeared. I never had the matching rod to this anyway, and have no need for it. Sleeves are 32" long.

I could use the rod sock!

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Gone now, in the mail: Orvis "5" pack and Rio "3" pack. PM (or DM) if you want them.

IMG_0720.jpg

Last edited:

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Ok one more. This one is going by itself. It's just called a Trash Panda. I went back and forth about whether or not to offer it up, but I rarely fish it.

5/0 B10S up front, 4/0 in the rear. mostly built out of raccoon. It looks incredible in the water & has some pretty insane movement but all of that raccoon really soaks up the water so it's a 10+wt fly.

Ny0cHyU.jpg
trash panda has been claimed.

I'll try to get this last bunch out later this week for you folks who are patiently waiting.

I hope to see some of these in the corner of some toothy predators!

🍻

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
All right, a little more re-organization. Not necessarily going out in the smaller lots in the pics, just wanted some closer shots.

These will likely be the last of the freebies as they're still experimental (mostly), but still swim as intended (even that weird looking one at the end)

HXQliZo.jpg

Du1Ujkx.jpg

azbprfD.jpg

mcdtcoH.jpg

PM your address if interested.

Last edited:

Mark Yoshida

Deep Line & Vertical
Forum Supporter
Update 2/28
Pick up in S Seattle
Scotty Fly Rod holder
Scotty Anchor Lock
Scotty Oar Locks
Bucks Oar Stops

Red 1.5 KG (3 lb) Grapnel Anchor (also found the rope and float)

Attachments

• 005935B3-E9C8-487C-9C47-B740B2FE9E7F.jpeg
    005935B3-E9C8-487C-9C47-B740B2FE9E7F.jpeg
    502.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 0057B5C1-7D29-4C10-9993-A81F63144487.jpeg
    0057B5C1-7D29-4C10-9993-A81F63144487.jpeg
    492.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 8B2A4B17-C6BD-4B15-9205-054D04D7BA0E.jpeg
    8B2A4B17-C6BD-4B15-9205-054D04D7BA0E.jpeg
    523.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 0724D215-F400-4872-9335-5DDBEF8649D3.jpeg
    0724D215-F400-4872-9335-5DDBEF8649D3.jpeg