Post your FREE STUFF (the "pay it forward" thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
All right, a little more re-organization. Not necessarily going out in the smaller lots in the pics, just wanted some closer shots.

These will likely be the last of the freebies as they're still experimental (mostly), but still swim as intended (even that weird looking one at the end)

HXQliZo.jpg

Du1Ujkx.jpg

azbprfD.jpg

mcdtcoH.jpg

PM your address if interested.

All Spoken For....thanks for playin'!

Just remember, I demand pics of those flies in the corner of the mouth of a fish!

Last edited:

Chadk

Life of the Party
Pick up in S Seattle
Scotty Fly Rod holder
Scotty Anchor Lock
Scotty Oar Locks
Bucks Oar Stops
Red 1.5 KG (3 lb) Grapnel Anchor
Nice. I could put all that to use, minus the oar locks and stops. Could you meet me in N Seattle or Bellevue/Renton area? I'd be coming from Monroe.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Anyone have any experience with these? Interested. Seems easier to stow and less obnoxious than a rod vault

Not this particular brand, but they won't scratch your car like (potentially) the magnetic ones.

But. If you don't clean your hood and roof well enough and get a real good suction, they can come off, along with your expensive fly rods. Don't ask me how I know :(

Last edited:

Chadk

Life of the Party
Anyone have any experience with these? Interested. Seems easier to stow and less obnoxious than a rod vault
I haven't used these myself. Just picked them up in a package deal and decided I probably won't use them. Just don't do a lot of river hole hopping these days. The suctions seem strong - tested on some glass. But I certainly wouldn't plan to take them more than a few miles or along a really fast highway. But for hole hopping down a dirt road or back roads - would be nice.

Last edited:

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
For what it's worth, it was 100% user error.
But if I were to do it over, I'd get the magnetic ones.
I had some magnetic ones. Then I bought a truck with a fiberglass hood. Then I bought some padding for the lumber racks - next level shit right there.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Free for pickup in West Seattle. Stearns infant PFD, up to 30 lbs. Tiny bit of mildew visible from being in the garage. Less than 4 years old.

Attachments

• EB4A0ED1-C307-44A6-998A-BE140A7A4247.jpeg
    EB4A0ED1-C307-44A6-998A-BE140A7A4247.jpeg
    327 KB · Views: 6
  • BFC06D90-469B-4EAD-96E9-7A50544FDDA6.jpeg
    BFC06D90-469B-4EAD-96E9-7A50544FDDA6.jpeg
    353.7 KB · Views: 6
  • C35252B4-2F2B-4A6D-9559-64DC8302633C.jpeg
    C35252B4-2F2B-4A6D-9559-64DC8302633C.jpeg
    434.6 KB · Views: 6
  • AF8075F0-0ED4-48CF-AC19-2978589D85A7.jpeg
    AF8075F0-0ED4-48CF-AC19-2978589D85A7.jpeg
    281.8 KB · Views: 5

charles sullivan

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I saw on WFF that ChadK needs a 4 and a 5 wt for his kids. I may have glass rods. I suspect that something a bit more modern may be in order. Anyone got a starter rod for 12-13 yr olds?

cedarslug

Steelhead
Hello Friends, things are getting a little out of hand in the warehouse so if anyone is wanting a rod tube or tubes please shoot me a note with your name, address and email and I will send you an invoice for $10 to cover shipping charges. If you want more than one totally ok just a heads up the shipping will go up a little. There's a mix of round nylon, round hard plastic, and square nylon.

It's been a hot minute, but thank you WhosYourShaddy! Tubes look great, and will fit rods that didn't originally come with tubes.

Kinigit

Smolt
I bought what I thought were going to be 3,000, 2.4mm tungsten beads. Based on weighing them they appear to be brass. The seller refunded me and said I could feel free to pass them on to others. That being said I have them in brass, silver, and copper colors. I am happy to send a big pinch of each color to a handful of people, aiming for around 200-300 beads total per lot.

All spoken for, 0 sets remaining. Not charging shipping since I'm doing it in an envelope with a stamp. I like living dangerously ;-)

Last edited:

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I saw on WFF that ChadK needs a 4 and a 5 wt for his kids. I may have glass rods. I suspect that something a bit more modern may be in order. Anyone got a starter rod for 12-13 yr olds?
I think I already gave a couple away, but I'll check this weekend if he's still in need.

Chadk

Life of the Party
*****UPDATE - ALL GONE ********

Up for grabs - a few fly boxes.

2 ghetto DIY boxes I made about 20 years ago from video game cases. About 4 inch by 4 inch. I actually have about a dozen of these I use - these are just a few extras. One is pretty banged up, but figured I'd offer it up and whoever gets them can choose to toss or keep.

Then there is a typical SA fly box, but the box doesn't snap shut anymore. Other than that, in good, but will used shape.

Now things get a little more interesting... Next up is an Orvis canvas fly wallet. Includes a few flies. Small and lightweight, would be great for someone doing backpacking or small stream nymphing and just wants something that can slip into a pocket. Would also do well with streamers. I probably wouldn't put dries in it.

And last, but certainly not least, is a pretty cool Wheatly style metal/aluminum fly box. It is the metal cip type and comes with many vintage flies. I got this and a bunch of other stuff from a retired school teacher who's dad fought in WWII and was into fly fishing. It is made by Perrine and is #96. Includes knot typing guide on front and says "Guaranteed for life!"

20220311_123734.jpg

20220311_123650.jpg

Last edited:

Sam Roffe

If a man ain't fishing...
Forum Supporter
waders are gone. Still have some boots with no sole…
Size 10 Simms boots that need to be resoled pickup in Burien
PM me if interested

7E7EC1A9-64B6-40EA-B39A-9BF81CDEC2EB.jpeg

Attachments

• E6CFC91A-FA6A-45A9-A88D-589043C8E8C5.jpeg
    E6CFC91A-FA6A-45A9-A88D-589043C8E8C5.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.