Search results

1. Theron

Any beekeepers here?

It was tough winter. I lost 2 colonies in January. I replaced them with Nucs from Stanwood Bee Company. They are doing well as of today.
  2. Theron

Any beekeepers here?

I have 3 hives this year on Whidbey Island. Snohomish Bee Company is a good source of information and equipment in your area.
  3. Theron

Pass Lake green?

My neighbors drove past Pass Lake yesterday and said it was green and nobody fishing. I was thinking of heading up there soon so has anyone else noticed anything at Pass?
  4. Theron

Bread Thread

Have you tried cold proofing in the refrigerator? It works well for me. I also use a banneton to proof and it seems to give a nice shape.
  5. Theron

Parabolic sinking lines

I've used one on lakes. It seems like it keeps the fly deeper during the retrieve as compared to my straight sinking line but that is hard to judge. I have there SA and I like the way it casts and it has two nice big hang markers that help determine line still in the water.
  6. Theron

Dubbing

Spoken for. That went in a hurry. Theron
  7. Theron

Dubbing

I won this a couple of years ago and have never used it. I have a supply of dubbing in colors that I use so this is free to anyone who would like it.
  8. Theron

Thank you for your service question.

I was drafted
  9. Theron

SRC on Whidbey Island?

I'v had good luck for salmon at that "9/10ths of the law" beach. Never tried it for SRC. Thanks, I'll give it a try.
  10. Theron

SRC on Whidbey Island?

I live on the island and have mostly fished for Salmon on the beaches here. Most of my fly fishing on the island has been on the lakes for rainbows and browns. I usually went to the OP when I wanted to fish for SRC but the ferry is not all that reliable. Has any one been successful and fishing...
  11. Theron

Rezzies

I am fairly new to the area and Salmon fishing. I keep seeing people post about catching rezzies. How do you determine if it is a rezzie or a wild or a factory salmon?
  12. Theron

Puget Sound

I have been fishing Whidbey Island beaches since I moved here 9 year ago. I tend to avoid Lagoon Point and Bush Point because of the crowds. Driftwood seems to fish best at low tides especially with a fly rod because of the piles of driftwood that like to catch flies. You might try Ebey's...
  13. Theron

MA 9 days restriction

I'm lucky being retired and living only 2 miles from a great Salmon beach. August isn't that far away and I haven't had a lot of luck early in the season anyway. I will be out on Thursday morning though. Negative tide should make for an interesting morning.
  14. Theron

Cooking Crab

I ended up using my spaghetti cooker which has a steamer basket. I used a combination of beer and water and steamed for 10 minutes. Came out good.
  15. Theron

Cooking Crab

I've always boiled my crab especially when I have several to cook. I sometimes clean them first and other times just toss them in whole. Today I came home with only one lone crab and considered steaming instead of boiling since it seemed a waste of time to start my outdoor burner for one crab...
  16. Theron

Fly Selection/Pass & Lone Lake

I've had fairly good luck at both lakes over the last few years starting the day with a size 12 Simi-seal leech in blood red or black. I will size up or down sometimes or switch to a damsel fly nymph or Stillwater nymph in size 12 or 14. Do any of you have any flies that work well for you? Do...
  17. Theron

Pass Lake Fly Lines

I thought split shot was not allowed at Pass Lake. If it is that is an option.
  18. Theron

2023 Bluegill/Crappie/Sunfish showoff thread

For those of us in Western Washington (Whidbey Island) where are some good blue gill lakes within reasonable driving distance? I miss the farm ponds and small lakes of my Native Nebraska.
  19. Theron

NFR Water in Your Whisky?

You can do what I do and never add water to your whiskey that way they all taste different. I do admit to adding a drop or two to barrel strength bourbon from time to time.
  20. Theron

Pass Lake Fly Lines

I probably throw the same fly 75% of the time. I have about 3 favorites that usually work at Pass and also at Lone Lake.