Pass Lake green?

Theron

Keeper of the bees
Forum Supporter
My neighbors drove past Pass Lake yesterday and said it was green and nobody fishing. I was thinking of heading up there soon so has anyone else noticed anything at Pass?

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I’d go fish it, especially with the longer days now and warmer temps. It should fish well and get even better as we approach spring.
SF

Jeff Sturm

Just Hatched
It's been really green since they opened it back up. It was fishing really well in December, but I haven't fished it since it cooled off in early Jan.

Starman77

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
20240216_161348.jpg

I fished the lake on Thursday afternoon and yes, the water clarity is quite poor with only 12 to 18 inches of visibility. The water temperature was 46 degrees. There were a half dozen fishermen out there, however, but I don't know how any of them did, as I didn't talk to anyone. I found the fishing to be tough, only hooking 4 fish, landing 2 of them, both 16 inch rainbows. One of the fish I lost was a brown trout around 17 inches.

IMGP5981.JPG

Saw lots of minnows in the shallows along the northeast shoreline. They were dark-backed and about 1 to 1.5 inches in length, probably fathead minnows.

Only saw 3 adult chironomids and only one fish rose, so the insects and fish weren't very active. Still, it was nice to see that the ice was all gone.

Rex