Recent content by Deansie

1. D

So it begins

Since moving to the MW I’ve agreed with the sentiment that smallies are the hardest fighting freshwater game fish out there. Same water and generally type of fishing as trout…I’d rather catch a 20” smallie vs a 20” brown in a river any day of the week. Problem is, hard to be the surroundings...
  2. D

SFR $465 million - What would you do?

Adding that I’d do one all expenses paid 5 star trip per year with my 3 good fishing buddies but would be on a surprise basis. Just show up to the airport and the Gulfstream G650 would be waiting to take us to a location/ lodge I had picked out prior. First 5 years would consist of South...
  3. D

SFR $465 million - What would you do?

We have 3 kids under the age of 13 who are very active so no moving for us for now. Just a bunch of trips to start…or maybe look into The Yellowstone Club. I’d buy the 3 homes on our street and build a kick ass property, it’s about 30 acres. Establish trusts for relatives, give them all $$...
  4. D

SFR Optimal Fly Shop Hours?

Mon: Closed Tues-Fri: 11-7 Sat: 9-5 Sun: 10-4
  5. D

Buying just for the helluva it….

I use my solo stove all the time, versatile for the small fire but they are efficient and you have to feed them a lot of wood if it isn’t a good hardwood. Enjoy it!!
  6. D

Family Trip for MF Salmon Question

Coming off a Smith River trip last year, I’m going to start putting in for a MF Salmon permit. That being said, I’m considering going the outfitter route for two reasons: 1) our kids are getting to the perfect age for a trip like this 2) While my wife, daughter and one son can hang on most...
  7. D

Looking for info on a DIY trip to Chile

If I were you, I’d look into these guys https://hemispheresunlimited.com/destinations/the-trout-bum-rio-pico-area/
  8. D

St Marten Guides

Heading there in 2 weeks on a last minute trip, search for guides turns up basically nothing. Anyone have any experience down there?
  9. D

NFR Hockey

Anyone watch the Frozen Four? Can’t see MN losing in the championship game but who knows. I thought MI was the better team vs Quinnipiac but MI’s goalie made a few costly mistakes. Great time of year for hockey…
  10. D

Guided bone fishing trip to Oahu?

Bump…heading there in late Sept. and have never been. sounds like Nervous Waters or Makani are the way to go. We’ll be staying at Turtle Bay and won’t have transportation, would they pick me up or is Uber going to be my friend? Also, any recommendations on DIY that are manageable from...
  11. D

Anchor Advise

A guy out of Chicago created the company, he frequents the shop I go to and have ran into him a few times. They look like nice anchors.
  12. D

NFR Hockey

As much as I’d like to see it, the Kraken don’t have a chance of making an impact in the playoffs. Maybe get an upset in the first round against the Knights but unlikely…whoever wins the West will get smoked by the Bruins (or whoever wins the east)…such a strong conference this year. Played...
  13. D

NFR Hockey

Congrats…my son won a state championship a couple weeks ago in a midwestern state with a strong hockey pedigree, funny how into you can get as a parent. Good for your boy!!
  14. D

Need trip ideas for late June.

A lot of the recommendations are great but also feel like trips you could do on a 4 day weekend. What about a trip to Baja for roosters and Mahi? Can be fairly affordable down there and the folks at Reel Baja are a great resource. For a milestone event, I’d prefer a unique experience if you can...
  15. D

Fly Rods On Commercial Flights?

Cancun…no issues carrying rods on, Cabo need to check it. This based on personal experience.