Anchor Advise

FishyJere

Nee Jerry Metcalf
Forum Supporter
Be advised, if you plan to use it in the Yakima, there is a reason the boats there largely favor a ball of chain. The basaltic rock formations can grab and hold a solid anchor. My experience with drift boats is that lead pyramids are cheap and they work most places.

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
Be advised, if you plan to use it in the Yakima, there is a reason the boats there largely favor a ball of chain. The basaltic rock formations can grab and hold a solid anchor. My experience with drift boats is that lead pyramids are cheap and they work most places.

I believe the tornado anchors where designed by Yakima river guides, I know Reds endorses and sells them!

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter
We all stopped using lead anchors over 35 years ago. Didn't feel putting all that lead in the river was a good thing. Even a wad of chain will get hung up if it's dropped in the wrong spot. In 40+ years of float fishing rivers. I have never lost an anchor, but I've seen many lost, and a couple of boats sunk do to improper deployment. I haven't personally used a Tornado, but the concept seems good, and those that I've talked to that use them, like them a lot.

Reactions: Zak