SFR $465 million - What would you do?

Sorta fishing-related

Zak

Legend
Retire, right away. Set up family trusts for education and health care. Move my parents into one of the new "dementia communities" that are like little, contained, safe villages. Donate to causes I believe in. Take my wife on fancy trips. Buy a house on the water and a boat to go with it.

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil

NukeLDO

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Purchase Founder's Club membership in Whaler's Cove Lodge,
House overlooking the water on Whidbey/Fidalgo, boat to go with,
Retire tomorrow, set up the ultimate woodworking workshop,
and spend my days puttering in the shop, enjoying the view, and fishing when I wanted to.

Deansie

Steelhead
We have 3 kids under the age of 13 who are very active so no moving for us for now. Just a bunch of trips to start…or maybe look into The Yellowstone Club.

I’d buy the 3 homes on our street and build a kick ass property, it’s about 30 acres. Establish trusts for relatives, give them all $$, donate a ton to charity and buy some toys. I’d also probably retire and coach youth hockey during the winter and help run/ fundraise for the program our boys play at.

Reactions: Zak

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Send a text message to my boss that I won't be in tomorrow.
Not tell anyone till my shits in order.
Not sleep for days planning.
Travel. Buy a place in Costa rica, Vietnam, and Spain for comfy home bases to travel in each continent more comfortably. Not nice houses, modest ones. I don't need a giant house.
Buy 100 acres or so, for an eventual hobby farm once I'm done traveling so crazy. Build a survivor bunker for the hell of it.
Then once the rush is gone work on charitable stuff, do my usual hobbies of fishing, farm, and try to be a hermit in general.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
To make sure it doesn't outlast ya'. Would your school be graded on a Pass-Fail system?
Well. Everyone would pass as no one gets to leave until they can.. When not taking the tests you're tying flies for me and I just lost my midge box.. Students would be very motivated. :)

Bob Rankin

Wandering the country with rifle and spey rod.
Forum Supporter
I would disappear😎 I’d do some cool stuff for family and friends and then grab the wife and be gone.

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
At 75, I'd set the Kids & Grandkids up for life. I'm content with what I have and definitely don't need more gear/property to care for/hobbies/vehicles. Well, maybe I might sign-up at Hair Club for Men . . . 🤣

Deansie

Steelhead
Adding that I’d do one all expenses paid 5 star trip per year with my 3 good fishing buddies but would be on a surprise basis. Just show up to the airport and the Gulfstream G650 would be waiting to take us to a location/ lodge I had picked out prior. First 5 years would consist of South America twice, Alaska twice and Iceland.