So it begins

CRequa

Steelhead
Taught the boys to cast so they can explore the waters of Maine with me while we are still here and they cannot get enough, they are using gear since i wanted it to be easier and quicker to get them addicted to the tug, plus the waters we have been fishing so far have been pretty challenging to cast a fly in most spots.
My oldest youngin turns 10 on 26th so he got outfitted with a bunch a new stuff.
Ive been having more fun than i ever had fishing before and camt wait to keep this going.

Attachments

• 20230718_182114.jpg
    20230718_182114.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 40

CRequa

Steelhead
20230726_102520.jpg
index.php

Played hookky and got him on the water on his actual bday, he had two a lot bigger than this break him off right before the net, lol welcome to the club bud, one was that he messed up running his line, the other he didn't steer the fish away from the rock ledges, judging by his reactions to losing the first big fish he's ever had on i don't think he will ever forget the lessons, he's an addict, glad there is no fentanyl in fish

Attachments

• 20230726_084924.jpg
    20230726_084924.jpg
    526.4 KB · Views: 357

CRequa

Steelhead
Dude that top fish is a tank! I bet they are fighting so good with the current!
Its similar to the upper yak type of river, first time targetin smallies and i swore i was snagged on a rock the first couple big ones, probably my favorite game fish now, the boys are getting spoiled

Deansie

Steelhead
Its similar to the upper yak type of river, first time targetin smallies and i swore i was snagged on a rock the first couple big ones, probably my favorite game fish now, the boys are getting spoiled
Since moving to the MW I’ve agreed with the sentiment that smallies are the hardest fighting freshwater game fish out there. Same water and generally type of fishing as trout…I’d rather catch a 20” smallie vs a 20” brown in a river any day of the week.

Problem is, hard to be the surroundings where trout live but I’ve I’ve found some places in WI and MI that are pretty damn gorgeous!

CRequa

Steelhead
Got the wife and youngest involved yesterday, we made it a competition that ended in debate, the older 2 boys thought mom won since her fish was bigger, my youngest and i thought he won since he caught something people actually fish for, either way his squeels of joy reeling in his first fish were a win for sureVideoCapture_20230822-190047.jpgFullSizeR(1).jpgIMG_3025.jpg

dirty dog

Steelhead
Forum Supporter

CRequa

Steelhead
If i have the day off my oldest boy is up at the Crack of dawn asking for it, he has a mild case of c.p. that limits his right side pretty good, but his determination is through the roof, normally I'm forcing a hike to fish or crossing and wading down the river on slippery rocks to force him to adapt that right arm and leg, this morning i left my rod at home to give him a lay up at a new spot down the river a ways, he always has a great attitude no matter how hard things are for him even when I make it harder, i would trade with him if i could, instead he's making the best of it, and he is full blown addicted to the tug i hope that never changes.
20230903_074558.jpg20230903_075425.jpg20230903_081759.jpg