Will you now post fishing content on Twitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
No need for browsing Twitter for fishing content when there's folks like @DimeBrite putting up pure gold right here on this site. I like to enjoy the written aspects of reports, @mcswny @Matt B @Wadin' Boot @Tom Butler @Billy @Evan B @Starman77 all provide that plus so much more. You cant get that on twitter.

qIDzv0ig_o.gif

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
Twitter can be really useful if you use it properly. I ONLY follow offensive line coaches and strength and conditioning coaches…period… no one else. Twitter has been one of the best tools I have ever found for that content. If a coach I’m following drifts from their professional topic I simply mute them and I never see their stuff again.

It‘s pretty simple to make it be about what you want it to be. IMO lots of people actually want to be spun out by nonsense. They complain about the toxicity when in fact, that’s what they’re there for…maybe not but sure seems that way at times.

longputt

Steelhead
Twitter can be really useful if you use it properly. I ONLY follow offensive line coaches and strength and conditioning coaches…period… no one else. Twitter has been one of the best tools I have ever found for that content. If a coach I’m following drifts from their professional topic I simply mute them and I never see their stuff again.

It‘s pretty simple to make it be about what you want it to be. IMO lots of people actually want to be spun out by nonsense. They complain about the toxicity when in fact, that’s what they’re there for…maybe not but sure seems that way at times.
Interesting use of Twitter. I was paid to try and use Twitter (and Facebook) to communicate fundamental thermodynamics, energy efficiency and life cycle analysis of energy systems. We eventually stopped trying because for every post we made 100 people posted a counter view that we just didn't have the budget to counter.

I'm glad to hear some folks use social media to collaborate rather than argue, it really is a powerful communication tool.

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
Interesting use of Twitter. I was paid to try and use Twitter (and Facebook) to communicate fundamental thermodynamics, energy efficiency and life cycle analysis of energy systems. We eventually stopped trying because for every post we made 100 people posted a counter view that we just didn't have the budget to counter.

I'm glad to hear some folks use social media to collaborate rather than argue, it really is a powerful communication tool.
There is still some bickering from time to time but the positive far outweighs the negative. The coaching community tends to be a pretty inquisitive bunch and we’re fairly accustomed to both giving and receiving criticism. There is also a fairly strong Golden Rule code…at least amongst the respected coaches.

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Most of us would rather not have to make any decision regarding whether to respond or not to a thread involvinge Kanye (does he fish?)
I'm not sure if he fishes or not but he owns the ranch that Monster Lake is on.
Well crap...looks like it might be too late to buddy up with him. :ROFLMAO:

Ernie

If not this, then what?
Forum Supporter
Probably but what else you got going on?

What would you do with two million?

I'd start with a new scarf and a truck that has that auto start.
I would make this fly out of a dollar bill, a $5 dollar bill, $10,$20, $50, $100, $1000 dollar bill and see which one catches the most trout . 098334DD-E4E0-4BFF-9AFA-FA3BB05DCADA.jpeg

Zak

Legend

I hear that. I have twitter account but have never posted. I just got tired of not being able to read a whole thread without an account. I have some niche interests related to my profession and follow some experts in that field. And if an interesting story is breaking, twitter can get you eyewitness accounts and local reporting way faster than the NYT (or ohter national news sources) can write a story on it.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead

This applies to any social media.

I'm not that active on other platforms but I have accounts. I use facebook simply to keep up with friends and family. I use instagram primarily for photography inspiration. I'm not sure how I will use twitter but if Elon follows through on his promises I'll probably support the platform and tailor it to my preferences. I like that he's cleaning house though.

So far, I think Charles has the best post in thread. Sure, fish pics are great. But this forum is the most fun when shit gets real. The respect stuff was a little too nerdy though.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Now that Mr. Twit has bought it, I hope Congress finally gets off its f'n fat ass and passes some legislation that will limit AI bots, misinformation, incendiary posts, spam, bad/corrupt foreign entities spamming their trash, and White Nationalist propaganda at a minimum...
never happen...be political suicide for the clown posse that wins elections by selling racism and liberal hate to their supporters who put them in office

Status
Not open for further replies.