Will you now post fishing content on Twitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Are you surprised with the threads that get the most action here?

Swimmy

You could do a spoof post about the way a shit sandwich taste, and you would get pages of answers and recipes.

Keep up the fight!

#widespreadpanic

Last edited:

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Twitter sucked pre Elon, twitter will suck post Elon. Perhaps it will suck a different way, so I guess folks can look forward to that. But I wasn't there before and won't be there now.

I won't follow fishing content on twitter for the same reason I don't follow it on other social media networks, because I'm not interested in wading through the non-fishing mental diarrhea that everyone posts. Social/political arguments on the internet are the biggest waste of time the world has invented. Nobody's mind was ever changed because of an internet argument. It's just a churn of people being assholes and other people being assholes in return all in the service of lining the pockets of big business and I refuse be a part of it.

Fishing for me is an escape from the bullshit and division of the rest of the world. Places like PNWFF exist because we can all be here together and be connected by fishing. Not pulled apart by the outside forces that profit from us hating each other. You can be straight, gay, christian, muslim, antifa, proud boy, 99%er, 3%er, vegan, paleo, or an ordained minister of the Lego Church. As long as you are here to talk about your love of fishing and can do so without being a dick, you are alright by me. I'd share a beer on the river with any of you.
Yep, all of that. ☝️

charles sullivan

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I had the Twitter. I used it to follow Miguel Benzan who does Patscap where he explains the Patriots salary cap. Got a new phone at some point nd did not transfer my account over. He also does some neat charity work. If any twitter users want to check him out, he does great stuff.
I don't care much for showing off or show offs, so I do little social media.
I may do Twitter at some point again for Benzan's content.
I clicked on this thread in error. My bad. The thread is clearly just a way for swim to make as social/ political point disguised as something fishing related. I
I could respind to the social/ political part and create the shitshow. I could not respond and cede the board to his political commentary. The issue then is that the board then suffers in the form of 1000 papercuts.
It's good that I have choices. I choose, on this occasion to disregard the social/political content and point out that the majority here don't disrespect the board in this manner. I appreciate that. Most of us would rather not have to make any decision regarding whether to respond or not to a thread involvinge Kanye (does he fish?), pop culture/ pseudo political controversies, or what America stands for (a loaded concept for sure) in a thread where the contrived nexxus to fishing is weak.
I'm off to shoot the bow, regretting trying to kill 10 minutes by checking pnwff. That makes me a bit sad as I like so much about this site. I really like the exchange of ideas regarding fishing and fishing conservation. Has been a medium for good in that way. The penalty for fat fingering my phone is to read this bullshit and that deducts the positives disproportionately.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I have enough hard time just on this web site. I don't need twitter or Instagram. One web site is enough. But I do have FB. How else was I supposed to find out where Flybill was hiding at. Besides my one daughter is also on there.

Besides who gives a shit what swimmy says..

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
Swimmy

You could do a spoof post about the way a shit sandwich taste, and you would get pages of answers and recipes.

Keep up the fight!

#widespreadpanic

JSDFwlvf_o.gif

And you know some of us would have fun with it while others would be miserable trying to climb on their high horse.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
This is what happens when people accept that someone who has a few good ideas has nothing but good ideas.

$44 Billion! If Elon would just toss me a couple of spare millions I promise to try and make my lil corner of the world a better place.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Probably but what else you got going on?

What would you do with two million?

I'd start with a new scarf and a truck that has that auto start.
I would donate my last season hoodies, raincoat, fingerless fleece, and truck to the homeless so I would have a need for new stuff. Then I would give my little sled to WDFW so they don't have to ride jet skis in the winter.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I would donate my last season hoodies, raincoat, fingerless fleece, and truck to the homeless so I would have a need for new stuff. Then I would give my little sled to WDFW so they don't have to ride jet skis in the winter.

I'd buy Simms and have them outfit the homeless. "If our gear stands up on the streets of Seattle to the extreme conditions here then you know you're good while fishing with your guide."

Status
Not open for further replies.