Will you now post fishing content on Twitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Knowels

Hack of all trades
Forum Supporter
Seems fishing content increased less rapidly than use on the N word (500% in 12 hours). Interestingly, Musk's response was to make the consequences of that act MORE severe than it was before he purchased it, counter to his "free speech absolutist" claims. I don't believe this to be the altruistic venture Musk claims it is.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Seems fishing content increased less rapidly than use on the N word (500% in 12 hours). Interestingly, Musk's response was to make the consequences of that act MORE severe than it was before he purchased it, counter to his "free speech absolutist" claims. I don't believe this to be the altruistic venture Musk claims it is.
Unfortunately people are going to try to burn it down or turn it into a 4chan type scenario, but I think Musk will come up with some good moderation with a bit more freedom.

dflett68

Steelhead
Now that the bird has been freed, will you get an account?

Will you share fishing content? If so, share you handle and I'll follow.

Funny how many still want to censor or cancel simply because some have different opinions. That tendency goes against everything this country stands for.
i've got an account but have never been able to get interested enough to keep the app on my phone. i won't post anything, but if you're going to post your fishing content, i'll follow along. @swimmy...? lots of swimmy_ handles over there - which is yours?

Ernie

If not this, then what?
Forum Supporter
I have an account too, but maybe look at it a few times of the year. It’s pretty much a time waster for me. I plan to delete the app this weekend now that I think of it.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Twitter sucked pre Elon, twitter will suck post Elon. Perhaps it will suck a different way, so I guess folks can look forward to that. But I wasn't there before and won't be there now.

I won't follow fishing content on twitter for the same reason I don't follow it on other social media networks, because I'm not interested in wading through the non-fishing mental diarrhea that everyone posts. Social/political arguments on the internet are the biggest waste of time the world has invented. Nobody's mind was ever changed because of an internet argument. It's just a churn of people being assholes and other people being assholes in return all in the service of lining the pockets of big business and I refuse be a part of it.

Fishing for me is an escape from the bullshit and division of the rest of the world. Places like PNWFF exist because we can all be here together and be connected by fishing. Not pulled apart by the outside forces that profit from us hating each other. You can be straight, gay, christian, muslim, antifa, proud boy, 99%er, 3%er, vegan, paleo, or an ordained minister of the Lego Church. As long as you are here to talk about your love of fishing and can do so without being a dick, you are alright by me. I'd share a beer on the river with any of you.

Ernie

If not this, then what?
Forum Supporter
Twitter sucked pre Elon, twitter will suck post Elon. Perhaps it will suck a different way, so I guess folks can look forward to that. But I wasn't there before and won't be there now.

I won't follow fishing content on twitter for the same reason I don't follow it on other social media networks, because I'm not interested in wading through the non-fishing mental diarrhea that everyone posts. Social/political arguments on the internet are the biggest waste of time the world has invented. Nobody's mind was ever changed because of an internet argument. It's just a churn of people being assholes and other people being assholes in return all in the service of lining the pockets of big business and I refuse be a part of it.

Fishing for me is an escape from the bullshit and division of the rest of the world. Places like PNWFF exist because we can all be here together and be connected by fishing. Not pulled apart by the outside forces that profit from us hating each other. You can be straight, gay, christian, muslim, antifa, proud boy, 99%er, 3%er, vegan, paleo, or an ordained minister of the Lego Church. As long as you are here to talk about your love of fishing and can do so without being a dick, you are alright by me. I'd share a beer on the river with any of you.
Well said Josh!

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin

hulk-hogan-mic-drop.gif

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Made it through life this long without Twitter. Why would I use it now? What does Twitter do to enhance life? I hear plenty about it being a shitfest; that doesn't seem like much to recommend it. Also, why go to Twitter for fishing content when we have here a perfectly good and functional forum designed and intended specifically for fishing content. We even have a sub-forum for our dirtbag bait fishing proclivities, should we need it. I won't be disappointed to see Musk's free speech platform crash and burn. The internet has been around long enough now to conclusively demonstrate that unrestrained forums or platforms always bring out the worst in people and not the best.

Chadk

Life of the Party

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Never had an account and never plan on getting one. But man, what a time to be alive. This whole situation is simply amazing.

These guys know how to troll the media, and it is pure awesomeness. *somewhat fishing related *

"I gotta touch base with my husband and wife."

The man's brilliant.

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead

Are you surprised with the threads that get the most action here?

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
A lot of cool stuff comes from Elon Musk -
One example: Two days ago our daughter sent us a video she shot from her house in Palos Verdes Estates (Los Angeles), in the video we could see the SpaceX launch of a Falcon 9 rocket with its payload of 53 Starlink satellites. Pretty cool - our son in law is a rocket scientist working for SpaceX.

Status
Not open for further replies.