What's in your cast iron tonight?

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
20230701_171351.jpg
Blackened chicken. Makes for a fantastic salad. Chop up your lettuce real good, throw a couple diced Roma tomatoes in there, some cashews (I like a lot), feta and a couple diced avacodas and throwbthe blackened chicken in with any "green goddess" dressing you can find (trader Joe's makes a killer one) and your off and running. Note: swap out the blackened chicken for shrimp and scallops and it's about the best salad ever created.

It's a copy of the seafood chop chop salad Dukes Seagood and Chowder sells. The recipe is available online if you want to make the dressing yourself. It's a damn fine summer salad.

Here's the recipe to the OG. Favorite salad ever. Sub blackened chicken if you're out of seafood.

Last edited:

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter
Funny, the Navajos get the credit for fry bread, but my mom's side of the family learned it from the Utes many, many, moons ago. In Utah, a scone is just fry bread served for breakfast with honey and butter.

Reactions: Zak

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
Funny, the Navajos get the credit for fry bread, but my mom's side of the family learned it from the Utes many, many, moons ago. In Utah, a scone is just fry bread served for breakfast with honey and butter.
I heard it was a way to make do with govt rations of flour, baking powder, oil, and salt on the rez. Might have been the same in a lot of places.