Steilacoom South Sound get-together Nov. 15, with a few photos. Thanks Y’all!

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I noticed that this thread fell to page 2 pretty easily. Perhaps its big enough to be on the events page

Xoxo

Thanks @DanielOcean … I would appreciate folks who RSVPd to let us know on this thread if things have changed and you are unable to come.

And also if anyone else is able to join us! I need to give un update on the count to the pub.

They have a Facebook page that is public if you want to check it out where you can see the menu. For those who like microbrews i do know they have Irish Death at least. So I’m pretty sure there are IPAs too.

Looks like there is a Happy Hour from
3-6 pm.

Word of caution: Do NOT drive over the speed limit in Steilacoom. It’s 25 most everywhere.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I know I'm not coming. But I just looked this place and it looks like a nightmare just getting to it from the Freeway.

Xoxo

I know I'm not coming. But I just looked this place and it looks like a nightmare just getting to it from the Freeway.
Hahaha. @Old Man i love that you are curious enough to check it out. I sure wish you could be there with us!

While I-5 is indeed known to be a nightmare, ( as I will admit I know all kinds of back ways avoiding it and refuse to go north anymore), it’s not any worse getting to Steilacoom , especially if you are heading south from Olympia. In fact it’s a nice little drive on the DuPont/ Steilacoom road into Steilacoom after the exit.

The only thing to worry about are cops, who in the past were known to be lying in wait to give out speeding tickets. I think they don’t have enough to do there.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Hahaha. @Old Man i love that you are curious enough to check it out. I sure wish you could be there with us!

While I-5 is indeed known to be a nightmare, ( as I will admit I know all kinds of back ways avoiding it and refuse to go north anymore), it’s not any worse getting to Steilacoom , especially if you are heading south from Olympia. In fact it’s a nice little drive on the DuPont/ Steilacoom road into Steilacoom after the exit.

The only thing to worry about are cops, who in the past were known to be lying in wait to give out speeding tickets. I think they don’t have enough to do there.
Cops were sneaky like that on Camano not too long ago

Xoxo

Pinned it and moved it to upcoming events! Really wish I could go
Thank you @Billy! I wish you could come with us too!

I did already call the pub today and changed it to 16 people. But i can change it again the day before!

Xoxo

Thanks for the Barney Fife heads up JoJo!
I’ve only had one speeding ticket my whole driving life and it was not in Steilacoom but I’ve learned from friends. I used to live in Fircrest in another life and they were well known for speed traps. I was pulled over going 35 in their 25 zone. When he stopped me i told him i thought they only patrolled Regence and not Alameda. He laughed and let me off the hook. Also i lived there at the time and that helped.

I think they patrol Steilacoom / Dupont road too on the way in if you are coming from I-5 south, which i believe is 35 mph but so easy to go faster. So be mindful of that road too.

I don’t hear much about any crime in Steilacoom, not even porch pirates on Next Door and i have a good friend who lives there too. So i think they have less to do than most other cops in Pierce County.

Xoxo

Hahahaha… i just read my post above and realized i sound a little like you @Old Man !

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I’ve only had one speeding ticket my whole driving life and it was not in Steilacoom but I’ve learned from friends. I used to live in Fircrest in another life and they were well known for speed traps. I was pulled over going 35 in their 25 zone. When he stopped me i told him i thought they only patrolled Regence and not Alameda. He laughed and let me off the hook. Also i lived there at the time and that helped.

I think they patrol Steilacoom / Dupont road too on the way in if you are coming from I-5 south, which i believe is 35 mph but so easy to go faster. So be mindful of that road too.

I don’t hear much about any crime in Steilacoom, not even porch pirates on Next Door and i have a good friend who lives there too. So i think they have less to do than most other cops in Pierce County.
Montana has speed limits also but you wouldn't know it the way people here drive. Everybody's in a hurry. I have no idea why. I think I got one ticket for speeding or maybe it was for parking wrong. It's been so long ago I disremember what it was for. Someplace in Seattle I think. I always try to drive the listed speed but sometimes you slip. I didn't make it this old by being stupid behind the wheel.

Xoxo

Folks who have RSVP:
Am i missing anyone?

1. @Salmo_g
2. @Bruce Baker
3. Jojo
4. @Shad
5. @ThatGuyRyRy (Ryan) (May be a little late)
6. @FishyJere
7. @Gary Knowels
8. @DanielOcean
9. @JodyRay
10. @Bambooflyguy (Steve)
11. Bambooflyguy‘s wife Kerri
12. @roger stephens
13. @NRC ( Nathan)
14. @BriGuy (arriving around 5 pm)
15. @Scott Salzer
16. @Porter2
17. @wanderingrichard (Rich)

PLEASE READ: Some things to consider about this get together:
Hahaha…. I can’t help myself, so bear with me: One of my duties working in the union besides organizing was also putting trainings together so I’m always looking for ways to make it go more smoothly…(hence the idea of the dorky name tags). Here are some things to consider for Tuesday:

1 Given that many food and drink businesses still struggle to keep staff it might be wise y’all to bring cash so that the poor server isn’t running 16 credit cards at once. It will be faster and safer since credit cards can easily get mixed up. (Also helpful, bring a mix of low bills for tips which will make things go more quickly. (Ha. Yes, for two years i worked as a waitress in a tavern! )

2. If anyone wants to be in charge of an ice breaker, that might be fun too. (Or is it dorky?)

It could be something like a question that we all answer, which might help remind everyone else who is who on the forum. (I know I have a difficult time keeping folks straight, especially those of you with fish photos in your profile photo!) It might also be fun to take notes on the answers and post them here later for all to see. (We should make sure to get a photo too!) I can do the notes. If someone wants to volunteer for the ice breaker, let us know. Also it won’t hurt my feelings if this is a dumb idea.

3. If you haven’t provided your first name, please do so here so i can add it to the name tag along with your forum name. @Shad, @NRC, @ThatGuyRyRy, @FishyJere … (Should I assume @JodyRay is Jody and @Porter2 is Porter?)

4. If your plans have changed and you are unable to come please post it here. If you are now able to come, that’s great, also post here with your first name and I’ll add you to the reservation. I’ll be confirming on Monday.

5. If you have any questions about the place, post them here and I’ll try to answer them. I have been here a few times, but i’m not a regular, but i can ask them your question when i call.

Last edited:

Xoxo

Thanks Nathan!

Reactions: NRC