Steilacoom South Sound get-together Nov. 15, with a few photos. Thanks Y’all!

Xoxo

We are at 14 people now! - I did confirm with the pub this morning.
I’ll probably get there a bit early.

It’s not a fancy place, but it’s decent food. I am uncertain about their service. I believe we order at the counter for food and at the end of the bar that is straight at the back of the room. But maybe for a group our size they will have extra wait staff to take orders. The “banquet” room is immediately on your left as you walk in the pub. (The banquet room doesn’t have a door.)
See y’all pretty soon!

1. @Salmo_g
2. @Bruce Baker
3. Jojo
4. @Shad
5. @ThatGuyRyRy (Ryan) (May be a little late)
6. @FishyJere (Jerry)
7. @Gary Knowels
8. @JodyRay ( Rick)
9. @Bambooflyguy (Steve)
10. Bambooflyguy‘s wife Kerri
11. @roger stephens
12. @NRC ( Nathan)
13. @BriGuy (arriving around 5 pm)
14. @Scott Salzer

. [USER=5]@DanielOcean[/USER] Unable to make it
[USER=13]@Porter2[/USER] Unable to make it
USER=146]@wanderingrichard[/USER] (Rich) Unable to make it

Last edited:

Xoxo

It sure is evident who is running this rodeo. You go girl. @Jojo
Hahaha…Daniel, no I’m not! I’m not in charge of this! But my whole career was as a secretary/office manager and i guess i just can’t help but making sure all the T‘s are dotted and I‘s are crossed!

I wish you could have made it @DanielOcean and you too @Porter2 and @wanderingrichard, but totally understand. Thanks for letting us know about the change.

Oops, just noticed the time, i better start thinking about leaving if i want to get there early. (That’s another thing i can’t help do, arrive early.)

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
Aaand combo of longer than intended workday and fussier than intended baby puts me on injured reserve. Sorry to miss you all, and sorry to cancel last minute!

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
Well.....the wife and I got there at around 2:15.....better not start the buzz yet! So we walked down to the little ferry terminal and soaked up some calm beautiful sunshine! Saw some porpoise.....wishing I had a 12 wt and some salmon patterns.....oh well. We walked back to the pub around 3:00, just in time for happy hour 🍻.
Ate some good fish and chips, several beers and then the party started! Good turn out, great putting faces to avatars and posts, great conversations! Thanks JoJo for putting this together! Where next??

Xoxo

Sorry to miss you Nathan, but totally understandable!
These are not great photos because i took them quickly because i didn’t want to interrupt conversation. (Which is also why I didn’t organize a group shot.)

I think i have the names right, but someone might need to correct me.

L to R: Gary Knowels; Bambooflyguy(Steve K); Steve’s wife, Kerri; Scott Salzer; BriGuy (Brian); Shad; and Roger Stephens.

A79F57DA-CA49-4B77-AD62-B6334D2DC14C.jpeg

My table - L to R: (in hat) Rick (JodyRay); Salmo_g (Steve); ThatguyRyRy (Ryan), Bruce Baker, FishyJere (Jerry)
6B7E516E-B1E0-4367-81A7-B98FF0779F91.jpeg

Rick and Steve
5A2DBC56-1324-4A9D-8010-851389D7D65E.jpeg

Jerry and Rick
34E98D84-1A4B-452F-A14D-AEA6D149A4F8.jpeg

It was a nice turn out and took awhile for me to connect names to PNW posts though I recognized Steve K immediately i never realized he was bambooflyguy even though he does have a photo in his profile photo.

HA! I’ve said this before i do wish folks used a different profile photo instead of a fish cause it would be easier for me to keep folks straight! I got to talk to most of you which was great but I’m sure I’ll still get all mixed up again if we do this another time.

Last edited:

Xoxo

Haha! No karaoke @Gyrfalcon22 …, but i hear they have it at that pub sometimes! Ha. You should have come too!

(BTW….@Bambooflyguy , your wife Kerry reminds me of a young Patti Scialfa!)
Ha, I had a great time. Haha! when @ThatGuyRyRy showed up i had to tell my table we needed to stop talking about being old! ( 😁 You’re welcome Ryan!)

Almost all of us were there for four hours! Thanks y’all for coming out closer my way since i hate driving too far in the wintertime in the dark!

Bruce Baker

Steelhead
I had a super time.

@Jojo it was great to see you again and thanks for all that you did, greatly appreciated!!! Perhaps we can try doing a gathering when the weather is a little warmer and days a little longer :)

It was really nice to put faces to the names and have a face to face conversations.

And the icing on the cake was my Spartans beating Kentucky (2OT) in hoops.

Xoxo

It was great seeing you @Bruce Baker and @Salmo_g again! It must have been three years since our last gathering. After March when we move clocks again works for me if we change venues!

And maybe if a weekend @Gary Knowels will bring his famous bread! ;)

Last edited:

Xoxo

@Josh … i have another thread updated with photos if you want to take this one down. Thanks!

edited to add: thanks for combining them or whatever magic you did.

Last edited: