Post your FREE STUFF (the "pay it forward" thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
One year at Mile High Resort, my buddies and I walked down to the dock, there were three big guys and a little lady heading back to the dock in at 12' boat. Big guys - roughnecks it turns out, working on drill rigs. I noticed several trout lying on the bottom of the boat, all curled up nicely, dehydrating - looking particularly non-yummy. I couldn't help myself and asked one of the guys why the trout weren't in the cooler: "Trout in the boat, kokanee in the cooler".

Some Kokanee* flies in a fly box:

IMG_2780.jpg

IMG_2779.jpg

IMG_2778.jpg

I tried to sell these on Craigslist thinking some of the sportsmen fishing Lake Roosevelt might be interested. I guess not.

* About 1989 or so I was "boatless", it was the PUD's mid-May derby time at Spring Canyon. Come Saturday morning I'd hitched a ride with Dick in his boat but he was hungover and sleeping in - all the popgear guys were already out drowning worms, corn and maggots on their Ford Fenders. Dick invited me into his camper for coffee and breakfast. He wasn't one you could get to hurry up (and I was hitching a ride). Anyhow, we finally get underway and cruise up to Swawilla Basin and check in with the Bill (no bites), Smitty (no bites), Larry (no bites), Mike (no bites), Frank (snagged a stick, no bites). Time to wet a line: I'm the only guy up there with a fly rod - I tied on a Herb's Ugly (chartreuse and orange with a pheasant hackle: simple and quite ugly). Fish on. Another, another. After the fourth or fifth fish Dick shuts off the motor, reels in his Ford Fender, lifts up the seat and finds this old Pfleugar Medalist with some kind of sinking line (it was a slinky for sure). He had an old Wright McGill glass rod stashed in the boat; we rigged him up, tied on fresh tippet and .... a Herb's Ugly. Dick's first fish was the derby winner, a koke almost 5 pounds. There's a few dressed up "Ugly's" in the box.

Pick them up in Ephrata.

Greggor

'Schooled' by Roy Patrick
Forum Supporter
The pinks are in! A lot of newbies giving it a go. Waders aren't cheap. And... the weather is warm.

(2) pair of Cabela's Dry Plus stocking foot waders in very good condition, but minor(pin hole) leaks. 2XL, size 12 booties. (I'm not a real big guy, but I have size 14 feet 🤣)

You'll have to pick these up in N. Edmonds/Mukilteo area.
Nobody wants these? Pick them up on your way to an open S river. 🙂

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
One year at Mile High Resort, my buddies and I walked down to the dock, there were three big guys and a little lady heading back to the dock in at 12' boat. Big guys - roughnecks it turns out, working on drill rigs. I noticed several trout lying on the bottom of the boat, all curled up nicely, dehydrating - looking particularly non-yummy. I couldn't help myself and asked one of the guys why the trout weren't in the cooler: "Trout in the boat, kokanee in the cooler".

Some Kokanee* flies in a fly box:

View attachment 80364

View attachment 80365

View attachment 80366

I tried to sell these on Craigslist thinking some of the sportsmen fishing Lake Roosevelt might be interested. I guess not.

* About 1989 or so I was "boatless", it was the PUD's mid-May derby time at Spring Canyon. Come Saturday morning I'd hitched a ride with Dick in his boat but he was hungover and sleeping in - all the popgear guys were already out drowning worms, corn and maggots on their Ford Fenders. Dick invited me into his camper for coffee and breakfast. He wasn't one you could get to hurry up (and I was hitching a ride). Anyhow, we finally get underway and cruise up to Swawilla Basin and check in with the Bill (no bites), Smitty (no bites), Larry (no bites), Mike (no bites), Frank (snagged a stick, no bites). Time to wet a line: I'm the only guy up there with a fly rod - I tied on a Herb's Ugly (chartreuse and orange with a pheasant hackle: simple and quite ugly). Fish on. Another, another. After the fourth or fifth fish Dick shuts off the motor, reels in his Ford Fender, lifts up the seat and finds this old Pfleugar Medalist with some kind of sinking line (it was a slinky for sure). He had an old Wright McGill glass rod stashed in the boat; we rigged him up, tied on fresh tippet and .... a Herb's Ugly. Dick's first fish was the derby winner, a koke almost 5 pounds. There's a few dressed up "Ugly's" in the box.

Pick them up in Ephrata.
Spoken for.. Gone.

Wiznet

Steelhead
Not totally fishing related. But here’s a full 10 gallon setup with lights, filters, and some chems. Needs some TLC, but this would be a great package for a beginner aquarium enthusiast. Pickup in Seattle and comes with the shelf.

Attachments

• 3C66C208-4A3C-458A-8D7E-D829C81A297A.jpeg
    3C66C208-4A3C-458A-8D7E-D829C81A297A.jpeg
    604.2 KB · Views: 17

jaredoconnor

Peabrain Chub
Forum Supporter
I ordered the net below. It was damaged in transit. The pole is bent. They gave me a refund and said to keep it or dispose of it. If someone is motivated, they can probably straighten it, somehow. Pickup only, in the Sammamish area. Act fast. It goes in the trash, in a week.

IMG_0582.jpeg

Jerry Daschofsky

The fishing camp cook
Forum Legend
I ordered the net below. It was damaged in transit. The pole is bent. They gave me a refund and said to keep it or dispose of it. If someone is motivated, they can probably straighten it, somehow. Pickup only, in the Sammamish area. Act fast. It goes in the trash, in a week.

View attachment 80771
I'll take it. Well depending where you're at. 😆

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
I have a Cortland Tout Boss 4wt Floating line. It's never really been used. I had it on a euro reel to create bulk (I bought it dirt cheap from Sierra.com). TAKEN!

Also, I have a opst integrated head/running line. 300 wt in useable but not perfect condition. I believe the runnin line does have some cracks but I can’t remember. The head is in decent shape though. If you want to test it out before you buy new it’s all yours, pick up or pay shipping

pick up in n portland or pay shipping and its yours.
Anybody want the OPST integrated 300gr? I think shipping was like $4 to Seattle

Reactions: RCF

Wiznet

Steelhead
Not totally fishing related. But here’s a full 10 gallon setup with lights, filters, and some chems. Needs some TLC, but this would be a great package for a beginner aquarium enthusiast. Pickup in Seattle and comes with the shelf.
bumping the aquarium!

RCF

Life of the Party
I used to raise fish in a prior life. Had 30 aquariums at one time. Some fish have lots of personality - believe it or not. If one has smaller children, great way to introduce them to it. Actually better than watching TV or a phone/monitor IMHO...

Reactions: Zak

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
I used to raise fish in a prior life. Had 30 aquariums at one time. Some fish have lots of personality - believe it or not. If one has smaller children, great way to introduce them to it. Actually better than watching TV or a phone/monitor IMHO...
Agreed. We had small aquariums when my kids were little and they loved them. My son's first word after "mama" was "phhthiphshh."

Vandelay Industries

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
8' long 4" wide PVC pipe with end caps. The yellow level is 4'.

Great for rod storage.

Pick up in Shoreline.
PXL_20230909_202734603.jpg

Wiznet

Steelhead
bumping this! I'm moving on the 16th. Would be really bummed to just have to dump it.

Status
Not open for further replies.