NFR Official Summer Concerts thread!

Non-fishing related

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Dudes a player and keeps good company.

I watched him shred a new sig series fender in a sound check... later during his show... he and his band went into 10+ mins of improv jazz where his crowd lost all energy and gained looks of utter confusion... he then thanked the teenie boppers for allowing them to "alienate them for the last 10 mins" and went right into a platinum hit.

Traveled in the baddest tour bus around and laid waste to all the hotties of the 90s/00s

His pop music pays the bills and allows him to do as he pleases... the pop stuff ain't that bad really...

His dead stuff hes touring with currently is pretty good too.

Used to hate him... but obviously won over...wife... not so much.

I'm a fan of anyone who hangs with Dereck Trucks - that guy is a phenom.

Bass-O-Matic

Life of the Party
Dudes a player and keeps good company.

I watched him shred a new sig series fender in a sound check... later during his show... he and his band went into 10+ mins of improv jazz where his crowd lost all energy and gained looks of utter confusion... he then thanked the teenie boppers for allowing them to "alienate them for the last 10 mins" and went right into a platinum hit.

Traveled in the baddest tour bus around and laid waste to all the hotties of the 90s/00s

His pop music pays the bills and allows him to do as he pleases... the pop stuff ain't that bad really...

His dead stuff hes touring with currently is pretty good too.

Used to hate him... but obviously won over...wife... not so much.

Clapton on Mayer:

Mayer w/ Weir on why join DeadCo.

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
Mayer would be cooler w/o all of the weird facial expressions when plays. That is super annoying.

headduck

Steelhead
I'm a fan of anyone who hangs with Dereck Trucks - that guy is a phenom.
Saw derek at Russian river blues festival at noon as an earlier opener... late 90s. It was the time when he was more jazz than blues. The whole audience talked while my girl and I danced our asses off in the front row. Has been a favorite ever since.

Interesting to hear grow and mature over the years... and although the new group is amazing... I still prefer when Susan takes a break.

charles sullivan

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Saw Tedeski Trucks in Seattle at the Paramount about 4 years ago. I had great seats like 115 rows back. Everyone around me seemed to think that it was a Susan Tedeski show. They sat for the entire 1st set.
After set break I told everyone that I was standing for the rest of the concert. I do not know how you can hear that man play guitar and sit down.
The person behind me thanked me after the show. I was thoroughly amazed that anyone could sit. Maybe they were Paramount season ticket holders?
I saw Goose in July at Radio City Music Hall. I saw the Friday night show. Saturday was the better show, but I had a wedding and my 17 yr old did not want to stay in the City for another night. I saw that show with my 17 yr old daughter and 72 yr old immigrant MIL. Three sets of jam band magic. My MIL was awesome. Great City. Great venue. Phenomenal band.

I saw them in Seattle over the winter too. What a joy to feel music again after all of the lack of music for 2 years. The crowd there was also just super kind. It was a joyous occasion.

Last edited:

Chris Bellows

Steelhead
Rage Against the Machine at the PNC Arena in Raleigh was awesome. Was a bit concerned with an older band with no new material just mailing it in, but they still rock. Only wish Zack hadn't injured his foot earlier in the tour as he had to sit the whole concert. Voice is all that matters though and he still brings it.

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Im not a fan of John Mayer or his new guitar line

headduck

Steelhead
Goose is one that has gotten way better over the past year and half or so. They have most of their shows on the internet archive (if you dont know that one you should) the first of their headlining tour to now shows amazing growth.

Super solid band.

Trey and derek doing the dominoes is fantastic!

We were at the met one time looking at a earlier Italian/american immigrant luthier display... lots beautiful hand made guitars for all sorts of greats.

Heard a man telling a story about how Dwyane Allman recorded, and noticed that he was quickly ignored by his peer. It was W Haynes (apparently he has lots of stories) and the Allman bros... derek, kofi all of em.

Later, the wife surprised me with tickets to the beacon that night. Her first concert (she grew up in shanghai)... now every show is compared to Allmans at the beacon.... no sitting at that one.

charles sullivan

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Goose is one that has gotten way better over the past year and half or so. They have most of their shows on the internet archive (if you dont know that one you should) the first of their headlining tour to now shows amazing growth.

Super solid band.

Trey and derek doing the dominoes is fantastic!

We were at the met one time looking at a earlier Italian/american immigrant luthier display... lots beautiful hand made guitars for all sorts of greats.

Heard a man telling a story about how Dwyane Allman recorded, and noticed that he was quickly ignored by his peer. It was W Haynes (apparently he has lots of stories) and the Allman bros... derek, kofi all of em.

Later, the wife surprised me with tickets to the beacon that night. Her first concert (she grew up in shanghai)... now every show is compared to Allmans at the beacon.... no sitting at that one.
I will be seeing Goose in Pt. Townsend at the Thing Festival with my wife. I hope that they are allotted enough time. Their music really scratches me where I itch.
They could easily become very succesful pop musicians. I think that is what I like most. Although they do jam a lot, the variety of music and styles within one concert keeps me constantly stimulated.
I have become a big fan.
If The Allman Bros at Beacon is the standard that your wife holds concerts too then that is a uber-high standard. That could get expensive.

TDub

No fish here
Forum Supporter
Saw the Shins night before last. It was as incredible as I hoped it would be. Get to it if you can. Looks like they finish out their tour in PNW in September.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Just exploded my biceps to Resurrection Man.

Bad ass.
🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘
That's the track that hooked me first on that album, they should have a live version on there too which I almost like better. Not a summer concert but...
Lamb of god is actually coming to Portland in October... I wonder if I can get my wife to go, see how much she loves me!

Tim L

Stillwater Strategist
Forum Supporter
Have a few coming up. This is after summer but will be highlight of the year..
AFA40FC0-1CBF-4683-B2B5-E669A56C37B3.jpeg

headduck

Steelhead
I will be seeing Goose in Pt. Townsend at the Thing Festival with my wife. I hope that they are allotted enough time. Their music really scratches me where I itch.
They could easily become very succesful pop musicians. I think that is what I like most. Although they do jam a lot, the variety of music and styles within one concert keeps me constantly stimulated.
I have become a big fan.
If The Allman Bros at Beacon is the standard that your wife holds concerts too then that is a uber-high standard. That could get expensive.
Goose show should be good....

Yeah... she has a refrain "it was good... but not like allman at the beacon..." I tell her "it never will be." Concert experience is so much a full package snippet of life at the time... each moment irreplaceable.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
My wife asked if i had plans for the 26th.?
I said, nothing on the calendar.

An hour later, she says we are flying down to L.A. to see Diana Ross at the Hollywood Bowl.

Should be a fun weekend.