NFR Official Summer Concerts thread!

Non-fishing related

Wadin' Boot

Badly tied flies, mediocre content
Forum Supporter
Funny memory from the pit back in the Early 90's ska or punk show. Wiry Punks were stage diving, getting passed around. So my friend Shawn has a notion he'll do the same. He's like 6'3 and 250, with a cadillac belly. Up he goes on stage, turns to the crowd, lifts his arms up, smiles, nods along with the music as if to say "this'll be fun, I am about to give you..... the gift of me..." and launches himself backwards....

Skinny crowd does the collective math, and parts like the red sea, down he goes.

He was sloshed enough he didn't get hurt and didn't care, but to this day it still makes me chuckle

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
Last night was cool. Bingham on a Saturday night in Paradise Valley…doesn’t get much better. But then Melissa wanted to be in the action so we spent the evening up close and personal.

5E81CC2A-C829-41BC-A02C-0A90852AAFB9.jpeg

He played that show for free. $100 tickets and all proceeds went to the flood relief fund. Dude is a bad ass.

DFG

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I got an special on-line opportunity to buy tix for the upcoming Bob Weir tour. For only $375 I can sit in the orchestra section at the venue in Eugene.

How did I ever develop such awe-inspiring connections, you might ask? Good karma? Clean living? Filled a rental car with premium? All of the above? I'm not telling.

I feel so special! I am probably the only Spotify subscriber that was given this amazing, once in a lifetime opportunity. I feel truly honored and blessed.

My dilemma: at only $375, will one ticket be enough?

swimmy

That’s a lot of dough. Not sure I could justify that.

Bob Weir and John Mayer are playing a tiny venue here in a few weeks as part of the flood relief. Of course show sold out before tickets were even available. Guess they went to fan club members first.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
TSOL is playing in Bremerton tonight at the Tracyton Theatre...

;)

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
He’s a bad ass with Dead and Company.

And those guys are selling out stadiums. Would’ve been cool to see em in front of about 500 people.
Yea man to each their own, we're all unique and thats what makes us interesting. I'll go if it's John Mayer with special guests Lamb of God... 🍻

swimmy

Just added Lamb of God to my workout set list. Tomorrow I will destroy that Chuck Norris gym.

PhilR

Whale Shark
Forum Supporter
Had a back to back concert weekend in the heat. Friday night was George Clinton and Parliament/Funkadelic. A great surprise was getting to cross an item off my musical bucket list, as fishbone was one of the opening acts. Their set was way too short, but so good. Those guys can still bring it.

Saturday night was an awesome show with the Roots. That was some high energy fun.

PhilR

Whale Shark
Forum Supporter
WHERE WAS THIS AND HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT IT?!
Pioneer square in Portland.

If it makes you feel any better, nobody was from the original band, and George Clinton was more cheerleading and emceeing than performing. But it was still pretty awesome. And I don’t know when this happened, but half the people there looked like they beamed in from Coachella or something. Now I have to find some three foot long light up ant antennas.

rattlesnake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I wouldn’t see dead and co when they first came around because of Mayer. Then I got over it and am sure glad I did. Saw dead and co on their last tour through town and the show was great. Only seen them twice but each time was spectacular and would recommend

Edit - tickets were $105 all in… don’t think I’d go $375 but not judging anybody that would

headduck

Steelhead
I get it - his original music isn't that great. But god damnit the guy is a savage guitar player. I'd pay money to see more of this.

Dudes a player and keeps good company.

I watched him shred a new sig series fender in a sound check... later during his show... he and his band went into 10+ mins of improv jazz where his crowd lost all energy and gained looks of utter confusion... he then thanked the teenie boppers for allowing them to "alienate them for the last 10 mins" and went right into a platinum hit.

Traveled in the baddest tour bus around and laid waste to all the hotties of the 90s/00s

His pop music pays the bills and allows him to do as he pleases... the pop stuff ain't that bad really...

His dead stuff hes touring with currently is pretty good too.

Used to hate him... but obviously won over...wife... not so much.