Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Congrats to the Chargers.

This season has been fun to watch.

Reactions: RCF

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
... And on the Chiefs front, shoulda been a blowout the way it started, then Mahomes got sloppy/overconfodent(?) and let the Broncos back in. Three possessions in 3 minutes spanning 2 halves resulted in 21 points, making it a game. Shouldn't have been (Broncos D is for real though).

Cheers and Go Chiefs!!

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
... And on the Chiefs front, shoulda been a blowout the way it started, then Mahomes got sloppy/overconfodent(?) and let the Broncos back in. Three possessions in 3 minutes spanning 2 halves resulted in 21 points, making it a game. Shouldn't have been (Broncos D is for real though).

Cheers and Go Chiefs!!
Oh cry me a river...😆😆...YOU at least have a QB. We're still searching.

What really should have happened is that you don't get that pick 6, we lead by one going into the last 2 minutes and we lose.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Oh cry me a river...😆😆...YOU at least have a QB. We're still searching.

What really should have happened is that you don't get that pick 6, we lead by one going into the last 2 minutes and we lose.
Well, unless Russ suddenly decides to retire, you won't be actually searching for a few seasons yet.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Well, unless Russ suddenly decides to retire, you won't be actually searching for a few seasons yet.
Well, with the new rich owners, maybe they'll have less patience. At any rate, it would be cool if they at least started with the coach....like 5 weeks ago.

I was getting live updates from the game...about 50/50 Den/KC fans.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Well, with the new rich owners, maybe they'll have less patience. At any rate, it would be cool if they at least started with the coach....like 5 weeks ago.

I was getting live updates from the game...about 50/50 Den/KC fans.
Rich owners can't change the salary cap or change the contract already in place. Denver is stuck with their QB whether they like it or not. Unless they decide to make Russ a really expensive backup.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Rich owners can't change the salary cap or change the contract already in place. Denver is stuck with their QB whether they like it or not. Unless they decide to make Russ a really expensive backup.

I know that, most of my posts are highly sarcastic on this subject.

Speaking of which, maybe that concussion will knock the real Russ back. I mean, the real Geno finally showed up....

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I know that, most of my posts are highly sarcastic on this subject.

Speaking of which, maybe that concussion will knock the real Russ back. I mean, the real Geno finally showed up....
Maybe. A very obvious concussion he had in 2020 was one of the turning points in his game. He went in to the tent, ran back out and started playing without actually getting checked. His game was never the same after that other than a game here and there where his stats got padded.

In defense of the "real Geno," he had no running game, so the defense didn't have to respect the run and sold out to stop the pass, and did. I think it was maybe a bit of an off day for Geno, but he already had the odds against him.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
That is not going to end well for us Seahawk fans I’m thinking
Thursday is very likely to be very painful. That said, they always seem to "play up" to the tough competition, so we'll see. I just don't see this defense having any answer for CMC. But this same defense bottled up Saquon, so who knows.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Every week more film being put out and the blue print is developing to defeat Purdy and the Niners.

I have noticed the past couple of weeks Geno has had some questionable passes and accuracy issues. There is a time to throw thru the receiver and a time to throw to (drop it in) the receiver. That first interception he tried to drop the ball in when he should have rifled that pass leading receiver up/away/towards sideline.

Overall he is performing at a high level. And AR12 would have gotten the offsides call!!!!

I don’t know what happened to our D but we are not attacking/penetrating as we were before. A lot of half step off the angle/missed tackle/missed ball.

Look forward to Thursday tho!!!

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Seahawk defense is generally porous against the run this season. (Sure miss Wagner.) As has become usual, SH are desperate for running backs (one, like Walker, isn't enough given the frequency of injuries at that position) and an offense that can open a hole. Seems like Geno is plenty good enough to be a winning team. Add a serious running game and ability to defend against the run, and Seattle is a serious threat to any other team.

My totally unqualified beef is that Carroll is so addicted to the running game that the game plan almost always seems to be: "let's run it straight up the middle like we just did the last 3 times for no gain."

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Every week more film being put out and the blue print is developing to defeat Purdy and the Niners.

I have noticed the past couple of weeks Geno has had some questionable passes and accuracy issues. There is a time to throw thru the receiver and a time to throw to (drop it in) the receiver. That first interception he tried to drop the ball in when he should have rifled that pass leading receiver up/away/towards sideline.

Overall he is performing at a high level. And AR12 would have gotten the offsides call!!!!

I don’t know what happened to our D but we are not attacking/penetrating as we were before. A lot of half step off the angle/missed tackle/missed ball.

Look forward to Thursday tho!!!
I blame all that on Wilson.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Anybody hear from GOTY or Mossback lately?

They were balls deep on the Hawks after their first few wins and now....they have gone off screen taking the fluffer roles?

Hope they are okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.