Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Will he have Jerry Jeudy to throw too?
SF

no idea what his involvement was...obviously not great....nor a good look. we'll see what comes of it.

As an aside, what the hell is up with some of these Alabama receivers? Not that they're in any way close, with his situation and Ruggs actually killing someone....but damn...

On the player side of things, I like certain things about him a lot (e.g. ability to get open), so I think someone with better accuracy (e.g. Russ) will help his production immensely. I'm not sure what to make of his drops during his rookie season, but that may be something to address as well (although, when you're dealing with a QB who doesn't have the best ball placement, that might have something to do with it---I do remember several games his rookie season where he dropped a bunch of balls thrown right where they should have been though).

Man, those are a bunch of jumbled thoughts....sorry.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Will he have Jerry Jeudy to throw too?
SF

Looks like a little tit for tat over some personal belongings. No violence, rape, or domestic abuse. If all of that is true, he'll get a stern talking to and be able to play. Probably already catching footballs...

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Back to the flippin top!!!
Dude that owns Walmart and his “group” just bought the Denver Broncos for— sit down —- 4.5 billion with a B
Jerry Jones is having a money orgasm in his head

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Back to the flippin top!!!
Dude that owns Walmart and his “group” just bought the Denver Broncos for— sit down —- 4.5 billion with a B
Jerry Jones is having a money orgasm in his head
Hawks and the Trailblazers are on the block soon…

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Hawks and the Trailblazers are on the block soon…

Blazer first….
I think Jody Allen would like to try and keep the Hawks but the trust may prevent her from doing so.
Commanders need to be sold as well. Danny Snyder sucks as a owner.

This popped up in my newsfeed. Can any Bronco fans verify if this is true?
SF

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
I don't think Elway is hurting. And they forgot to mention that any share of ownership would have been split with his wife once she became his ex.

Xoxo

Shad

Life of the Party
I’m reading news that DK Metcalf didn’t show up for mandatory minicamp practice. Anyone else see this? WTF?

Pretty standard for NFL players to "hold out" in various ways during contract years until they get their new contract. You can practically count on it when the player in question is (or thinks he is) in high demand. Not going to risk getting hurt on any day but Sunday before they get their big pay day.

I generally agree it's bullshit, but it's pretty standard, and realistically a wise move for the player.

Xoxo

Pretty standard for NFL players to "hold out" in various ways during contract years until they get their new contract. You can practically count on it when the player in question is (or thinks he is) in high demand. Not going to risk getting hurt on any day but Sunday before they get their big pay day.

I generally agree it's bullshit, but it's pretty standard, and realistically a wise move for the player.
He’s young and has been fairly immature IMO and I had earlier seen video of him talking about stepping up as a leader. That’s why it threw me. If it’s “mandatroy” wouldn’t a “leader” be in attendance?

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
He’s young and has been fairly immature IMO and I had earlier seen video of him talking about stepping up as a leader. That’s why it threw me. If it’s “mandatroy” wouldn’t a “leader” be in attendance?
Like Shad said, you can almost expect it, regardless of who the player is. If they're an upper crust talent, it happens way more often than it doesn't.

Xoxo

Like Shad said, you can almost expect it, regardless of who the player is. If they're an upper crust talent, it happens way more often than it doesn't.
The article said he could be fined. So good. But stupid. Money like that could be put to better use.
Also seems like it contributes to locker room issues. It seems like the Seahawks need to get beyond the locker room stuff and become a more fun, cohesive team. Like the old days over a dozen years ago.

Like a novel I’m reading, i need to like the characters in the novel as much as the plot.
I need to feel like i would like the players on the team as much as the game.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
The article said he could be fined. So good. But stupid. Money like that could be put to better use.
Also seems like it contributes to locker room issues. It seems like the Seahawks need to get beyond the locker room stuff and become a more fun, cohesive team. Like the old days over a dozen years ago.

Like a novel I’m reading, i need to like the characters in the novel as much as the plot.
I need to feel like i would like the players on the team as much as the game.
There were holdouts back in the good ol days, too. Marshawn, Chancellor, Earl Thomas, Sherman (I think). Off the top of my head at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.