Deals at online Retailers

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I don't understand the lime green,neon red neon yellow, neon orange, rods and reels. Waving around a lime green stick in the air looks silly. There's so many natural colors out there you can go with.

RCF

Life of the Party
I don't understand the lime green,neon red neon yellow, neon orange, rods and reels. Waving around a lime green stick in the air looks silly. There's so many natural colors out there you can go with.

Look at Me!!! Look at what I got!

The last thing I wanna do is have someone look at me fishing. Although it would provide a good laugh of how not to do it...

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter

I say keep making them in absurd colors so I can buy them at steep discounts when nobody wants them. Every reel I own that’s not silver, black or grey was bought at a discount for that reason (two lime green, one orange and one gold). I’ll look silly if it saves me a few shackles.

Last edited:

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
sure glad I got my Echo Trout X 5 wt at 40% off..especially when I put it together streamside for the first time today and noted the ferrule line up dots were off center several degrees from the reel seat..

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
You’re half right. Less than 10 hours on it. One of those buys for no reason other than on sale because of its obnoxious color I suppose …. But actually closed out . It’s like some clothes. Purchased and they sit for a year or two then they get worn. 😉

flybill

Life of the Party

I've ordered some small flies, most dries and some nymphs and been happy with the flies! I still buy at my local shops, but find this a way to get stocked up on small trout patterns!

Divad

Whitefish
Lamson Liquid S is on sale at Emerald Water Anglers for $96 for the 678 model. They just ran out of stock and should have more soon. I got another shop to price match in the meantime and nabbed a bunch of tying stuff.

Pretty dang good deal for an American assembled/made sealed drag with phenomenal customer service.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter

some good deals on these Gloomis IMX pro rods right now.... $349
Curious about that g loomis imx euro. I have the 907 for streamers and it’s a fantastic rod. My current euro rod is just about past its expiration date. Not a ton of “user” reviews out there (on the forums), mostly just. Couple shop reviews, all of which I’m a bit suspicious of their motives.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Curious about that g loomis imx euro. I have the 907 for streamers and it’s a fantastic rod. My current euro rod is just about past its expiration date. Not a ton of “user” reviews out there (on the forums), mostly just. Couple shop reviews, all of which I’m a bit suspicious of their motives.
I came across that one as well. I really like my big IMX 9' 8wt also. If I "needed" I'd probably do it. I feel I've advanced beyond the Carbon XL Euronymph, but it works fine. I'd like more sensitivity and backbone, but in the same size.
So many rods out there, and I think I'm at the point I know what I really want the next one to feel like, and I can't narrow it down by shopping and deciding from online reviews. Pretty much I think I need to take a day and my checkbook and go to Red's or somewhere and try stuff out and just pay for what feels right.
It's early, just thinking out loud, trying to resist spending money, stuck inside on a snowy, now freezing rain, morning.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
It's early, just thinking out loud, trying to resist spending money, stuck inside on a snowy, now freezing rain, morning.
Man, I get this ;)

But yeah, I have an Echo Shadow II thats caught a million fish. But I've also beaten it up (it fell off rod racks going 40mph). Guides are getting loose, the blank is beat up and the cork is falling out. I'm generally not into the idea of spending a lot of money on a euro rod (mostly because its not my preferred way to fish), and this one seems to fit the bill. I'm also generally really adaptable to all rods.

Zak

Legend

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
a Benjamin for a TFP Signature 4 or 5 wt, with free shipping

When I GO ON THE INTERNET I maintain an awareness that its no rules!! ON THE INTERNET you can aggressively approach these internet-based retailers and demand them to HAND OVER whatever you want so cheap they lose money.

That's what I do. By maintaining this level of internet-based awareness, I can maintain an aggressive internet presence. My internet presence is so aggressive that I PRESIDE over many websites and forums!!!