Deals at online Retailers

Mike Cline

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Not familiar with these. Are they permanent and waterproof?

Thnx
In my experience on both fresh and saltwater flies, I’ve never noticed any fading with these when exposed to water. They color feathers, fur, hair, thread and acrylics very well. That said, the color will disolve when exposed to head cement (Sally Hansen), but is otherwise permanent. They do not fade or run when used with UV resin.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
What has Leland's become? At one time they carried the top names, Sage, Winston, G.Loomis, etc. Then they went big in to Loop. Started in house self brand gear (made overseas). I have not visited their site in some time but it appears they carry their products, moonlit, couple other smaller names. Still advertise Loop but it appears they have no stock. Now a new line of rods and reels called Nirvanna? They look nice but never heard of it. Are they mail order only now?

Guy Gregory

Semi-retired
Forum Supporter
What has Leland's become? At one time they carried the top names, Sage, Winston, G.Loomis, etc. Then they went big in to Loop. Started in house self brand gear (made overseas). I have not visited their site in some time but it appears they carry their products, moonlit, couple other smaller names. Still advertise Loop but it appears they have no stock. Now a new line of rods and reels called Nirvanna? They look nice but never heard of it. Are they mail order only now?
I wonder if Nirvana picked Leland up. Most of their inventory seems to be Nirvana/Moonlit, which I think is mostly Korean. I bought a tying vise for travel from Moonlit last year, sub $90 shipped. It’s serviceable for that purpose with a couple of customizations to suit me. Current price point puts that vise in some pretty good competition. Hard to resist that tippet price.

chief

Carper
Forum Supporter
I just received the tippet I ordered, and the product looks as advertised, but it was shipped from an individual's address in Chubbuck Idaho. So I guess they don't have a shop in San Francisco any longer? Maybe online only now, homebased? Either way I can't complain about $3 spools of fluorocarbon tippet (unless I find out it is trash when I use it, which I will find out tomorrow).

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
My wife got this jacket and I liked it so I got one of my own. Pretty good deal at $15!

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
oh, Sierra currently has some good shirts available (ya gotta hunt for them), but I grabbed a couple of Simms shirts for $40 ea plus a couple of other (off-brand) flannels for under $20 ea. I only bought a couple since some just don't work for me (I'm looking at you Columbia)...

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
My wife got this jacket and I liked it so I got one of my own. Pretty good deal at $15!

I've liked all the 32 Degrees stuff I've bought.
SF

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
The base layers are a good buy for the money, and a daily driver for me... got 5 tops and 5 bottoms.
:)
They seem to last pretty well also.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
you should send some of this Moonlit tippet to @Jake Watrous for some in depth testing....bet he could figure out who made it for them...
My money’s on these folks. Last I read Moonlit’s came from China, which almost surely means these folks:

They make a surprising amount of brands. They’ll even make “Clarkman’s Husky Musky Floss” or whatever you want to call it.

There are like three main extruders/manufacturers worldwide (SA and Orvis and Maxima and a couple others get theirs from the same place in Germany).

Westfly Refugee

Steelhead

Looking forward to receiving mine. Should be good for river trip campfires -- no tears if it gets spark holes.

Last edited: