Search results

1. Skol_Engh

Getting Settled in Nevada

I've had a pretty busy summer and haven't been able to get out to fish as much as I want to, like most. But realizing that the summer was quickly drifting away, I headed out on the local creek for a quick post-work session. I was teaching a new friend how to fly fish, but he got the double nymph...
  2. Skol_Engh

Frustrating Issue with 3 Sage Rods in a Row

I'm wondering if anyone else is having issues with the glue quality on Sage Rods purchased in the last 3 years? I bought a Trout LL in 21, had an X cork section rebuilt in '21, and got a Trout Spey HD in '22. The reel seat on my Trout LL is falling off. The cork on the X spins. And the reel seat...
  3. Skol_Engh

SFR Moving to Reno

Moving to Reno for work after I graduate from my Masters's program. I'll be working for the state doing abandoned mine closures. Gunnison and South Western Colorado have treated me well and I'm sad to move away from these rivers I've gotten to know well. However! I am incredibly excited about...
  4. Skol_Engh

SOLD Cortland Compact Sink Type 6 (7/8wt)

Tried this line out once but it wasn’t for me. Hopefully it finds a loving home. $50 shipped
  5. Skol_Engh

Line recs for a 4wt Trout Spey hd

Looking for a shooting head recommendation for the 4wt troutspey HD. I have the rio integrated skagit troutspey 4wt line but I’m not the biggest fan of it so I got a running line and tried the 4wt rio trout Spey shooting head (more of a scandi line). Im thinking about picking up an OPST commando...
  6. Skol_Engh

Black Canyon NP

After ignoring it for most of the year I finally started taking trips down to the local National Park. The first trip down there yielded a couple of nice fish but several break-offs on 3x/4x tippet. I got some 2x leaders for the next trip and didn't lose any fish to break-offs. Mostly fishing a...
  7. Skol_Engh

Interesting New Boat Build

I saw this new boat maker pop up on a social media feed. Looks like they're trying to create a hybrid raft drift boat situation. A Carbon fiber plastic inset that gets strapped down to the raft. I wonder how much they'll sell for. https://www.abstractwatercraft.com/innovation
  8. Skol_Engh

ISO: Short Fly Fishing Videos

I'm always on the hunt for some good short fishing vids. I came across this one and now I want to try to find some corbina in California.
  9. Skol_Engh

SOLD Orvis Clearwater Trout Spey 4wt (11'4)

I have this barely used (3 times) Clearwater troutspey that I'd like to move. I had a sage troutspey HD on order and it took about a year and some change to finally ship so now I no longer need this Clearwater. Its a great trout Spey rod and will someone happy. 230 + Shipping Pictures below
  10. Skol_Engh

Spring Snow Flurries & Fiesty Trout

Just got back from a week-long trip to New Mexico at Bandelier National Monument and had the Saturday to myself bc my partner was out of town, so I got to fish the whole day away. New Mexico was sunny, dry, and hot and on the drive back from Sante Fe the weather transitioned from dust bowl...
  11. Skol_Engh

Streamer Max Short

In the pursuit of the perfect streamer line, I decided to try out an Airflo Streamer Max Short. It showed up in the mail today. Looks like I didn't read the fine print because it didn't come with a front loop. I'm still stoked for the line, it's just gonna require an extra step. My plan is to...
  12. Skol_Engh

Colorado Winter Fly Fishing Alternative

This is an ice fishing forum, right? I moved to Gunnison from Seattle for graduate school this past fall and after weeks in the negatives, we're slowly getting some warm weather and the river is healing. I think the warm front that swept through Colorado also hit Wyoming and Montana. After the...