Interesting New Boat Build

Skol_Engh

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I saw this new boat maker pop up on a social media feed. Looks like they're trying to create a hybrid raft drift boat situation. A Carbon fiber plastic inset that gets strapped down to the raft. I wonder how much they'll sell for.

Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 1.47.07 PM.png

RCF

Life of the Party
Only $27,500. Includes:

• Carbon Shell
  • Casting Braces
  • Walk Around Seat Boxes
  • Rod Trays
  • Anchor System
  • Oar Lock Receiver + Rail
  • 14’ Inflatable Raft
  • 14’ Trailer

Press 'Reserve Now' on their web page to see more details...

Last edited:

Skol_Engh

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
DANG 30k!!! haha nvm then. Might as well buy a cheap raft + a 3d printer and print your own carbon shell for that kinda coin.

Divad

Whitefish
This looks to eliminate the rigging struggles many see as a barrier to entry. Can’t wait to find one upside down or semi-inflated hanging on a sweeper (with no life’s threatened obviously).

Too many marketing dollars makeup that $30k though.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin

These guys were on it first. Super innovative platform. Very impressed.

PACKAGE COST: $11,651.89 (w/ Trailer)​

how would anyone justify the $30k one?

creekx

not crate trained
DANG 30k!!! haha nvm then. Might as well buy a cheap raft + a 3d printer and print your own carbon shell for that kinda coin.
Heck, for $30K you could buy a new, completely outfitted Clack AND a nice, outfitted raft with a trailer.

IMO all of this is overcomplicated and solving problems that don't exist. For one, if you have a high seat in the front of a raft you don't really need to stand up.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I fished out of a LETMRUN 2 days last week. They are narrower than regular raft but not like a Flycraft. Hard bottom, cool mounts for coolers, fly tackle box, etc. The braces for casting are not ergonomic IMO. Outside of both my legs still sore.
Seemed to handle good (I wasn’t on the sticks) and the conditions were very windy. Fished more like a raft than a drift boat.
It was windy AF so we got blown around a bit.
The trailer is ok. A little wimpy perhaps for what I would expect.
We had fun so there’s that 😄