Search results

1. M

Running Lines

Its opaque.
  2. M

Running Lines

I've always used mono, namely Lazar and Rio Slickshooter. I always found Lazar better, but the slickshooter was cheap and accessible (seems like the Lazar is always out of stock).. I typically replace it every or every other year. But just a few weeks ago, prior to a trip to the OP, i went...
  3. M

2023 Skagit/Sauk season is a go

Too 'resource constrained' to open a lawful fishery when the science warrants it? I guess that means too 'resource constrained' to bother a middle-aged man out for casting practice. He ain't bothering no one. occupy.
  4. M

What are you listening to?

Day late, but this album is one of my favs. Best AIC imho.
  5. M

Skagit river opportunities coming up?

Back when a calculator was not a device, it was a profession.
  6. M

Somebody posted this on Reddit a week or so back, and I went down the rabbit hole. Love these two.
  7. M

NFR Ukraine...Little Did I Know

I think this retired general shares viewpoints with a few on this thread: https://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/598196-enough-is-enough-its-time-for-plan-b-to-counter-putin Please note, I do not share these views. I see where he's going, but imho the only logical conclusion is full...
  8. M

Kyiv has taken some hits (rockets/etc), however it's not yet under "siege", with the huge concern that it could/will be. Is that controversial? Why does he (lezluther) think that's controversial when it matches reporting? What reporting does he consume which he thinks he is repudiating? I'm...
  9. M

Thankfully there are a lot of steps between here and there. We owe it to ourselves and our fellow humans to methodically exhaust every one.
  10. M

I think HE believes his goal is still attainable, and I don't think we know enough at this point to say that he's wrong. We are seeing many promising signs that this isn't going his way: Ukrainian people are hard-nosed bad asses, Russian military are unmotivated and poorly supplied, and our...
  11. M

I love this song, such a great build up. At this festival the crowd absolutely loses their mind. Mario is a bad ass drummer. Always gives 100%, gotta respect that.
  12. M

Spey Tips that Actually Helped

Common knowledge in single hand casting is that the back cast is just as important as the forward cast, this is where you get your rod to load and hence the power. If you cast more double hand than single hand, this can be easy to forget. When forming the D loop, make sure you have some power...
  13. M

I don't think "Blue Line" means what he thinks it means. Another year lost to the blue line....
  14. M

NFR Humor

15. M

stoke - pics that make you wish you were there?

At one of my favorite bends last week. This old tree could tell some stories.