NFR Ukraine...Little Did I Know

Non-fishing related
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flymph

Steelhead
None of those things would be requires of us..

On a conventional basis, based on what we have seen of the Russian military in Ukraine America could eliminate the Russian military in it's entirety with single to double digit casualties. Yes. Literally.
I wonder why this didn't happen against countries with far less military resources and no nukes?

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
I wonder why this didn't happen against countries with far less military resources and no nukes?
Well, In large part it did. For example America lost no A1 Abrams tanks to enemy fire.. huge tank battles. 0 losses..

In the first gulf War we did have some aircraft losses mostly older slower low flying aircraft. And nearly all of those to air defense systems.
SAMS and anti aircraft guns.
Fixed SAM sites will be destroyed by tomohawks.. Radar sites will die from smart bombs dropped by F-35s and will never even know they have been targeted. Any radar on will die.
That leaves infrared MANPADS scary sobs for anyone silly enough to fly low enough which we would not be doing.
Russian aircraft? Minced meat for f-22 and F -35. Again they will die before they even know they are targeted due to low observable technologies.
Equipment wise the Russians are nothing to fear. Unless they are majorly sandbagging in Ukraine.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Gulf War Tank Losses:
18 M1 Abrams, 11 M60, 2 AMX-30

Gulf War Aircraft Losses:
Fixed wing, 37 combat, 15 noncombat

U.S. losses, 28 combat, 12 noncombat

Helicopters, 23 (all U.S.): 5 combat, 18 noncombat

Coalition Losses:

292 killed (147 killed by enemy action, 145 non-hostile deaths)
467 wounded in action
776 wounded[9]
31 tanks destroyed/disabled[10][11][12][13]
[14][15][16][17]
28 Bradley IFVs destroyed/damaged
[18][19]
1 M113 APC destroyed
2 British Warrior APCs destroyed
1 artillery piece destroyed
75 aircraft destroyed[20

Some things you can't just make up, and then claim to be facts.
I'm not sure why, but thinking Russia wouldn't be a 'single digit' casualties' walk in the park.
🥴

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Day 1 enemy air defenses eliminated 0 losses
F-35's and F-16 CJ 'S

Day 2 and 3. Complete elimination of Russian airforce in or around Ukraine 0 losses
F-15 and maybe F-22

Day 4-6. The complete elimination of all Russian ground vehicles. 0 losses
A-10S

by the time Any American boots are on the ground Russian forces are pretty much untrained demoralized soldiers with Ak-47s and no place to hide.

Not even kinda kidding about minimal casualties.

2 months ago. I wouldn't have been this optimistic. But it's clear that Russia has a paper army not a real one.

Have you sent your resume to the State Department or Pentagon, I'm sure they could use your vast experience and expertise, 'cause you know, none of this has been gamed out the way you have done it, no one has thought about any of the downstream consequences the way you have; they're all just sitting on their hands, maybe doing crossword puzzles, just evil.

If only the world this simple.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
Have you sent your resume to the State Department or Pentagon, I'm sure they could use your vast experience and expertise, 'cause you know, none of this has been gamed out the way you have done it, no one has thought about any of the downstream consequences the way you have; they're all just sitting on their hands, maybe doing crossword puzzles, just evil.

If only the world this simple.

My experience isn't first hand so there are much more qualified people than me. Usually those people do not work at the Pentagon nor would they if they had the chance. Like all government agencies the shit floats to the top.
The people who know what the hell they are doing are way down the ladder and not in decision making positions.
People who I would trust? Two Dogs, Mover, Gonkey... people like that.. people you've never heard of unless you sought them out. I am sure they have counterparts in the Army and Marines. None of them want to go to war fir Ukraine but they all would and have serve their country.

Except for all the A-10 pilots. They are all drooling over those convoys..

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Alright I'm gonna pop some smoke and take the heat off Rob...
This is all the media's next big wet dream. The next edition of the narative. Its all for show. This guy from england bought a ticket and walked right into Ukraine and documented what he saw. There may be fighting in certain areas and regions but not as extreme as they are making out. Why have we gone from 100% covid covid covid for 2 years to 100% Ukraine practically overnight.

fkajwg

formerly known as ...
Forum Supporter
I found some remarks by a higher up in the Russian Orthodox pretty puzzling an un-Christian.

Turns out there is a religious schism in this whole mess that might have motivated ‘why now’

Full article here by john-schindler

Last paragraph

We should not indulge Muscovite conspiracy theories nor countenance Russian aggression. However, the facts are plain enough. Simply put, by recognizing the OCU and hailing its creation, Washington changed the Kremlin’s game in Ukraine, making Putin’s long-term plans for his neighbor untenable. Without a united Orthodox Church across the former lands of Rus, answering to Moscow, the “Russian World” concept falls apart. Every secular geostrategic challenge cited as a reason for Putin’s aggression – NATO expansion, Western military moves, oil and gas politics – existed in 2014, yet Putin then chose to limit his attacks on Ukraine to Crimea and the Southeast. What’s changed since then that makes his effort to subdue all Ukraine seem like a good idea in the Kremlin? The creation of an autocephalous Orthodox Church of Ukraine in 2019, with official American backing, is the difference, and Moscow believes this was all a nefarious U.S. plot to divide world Orthodoxy at Russia’s expense. Clearly Putin has decided that reclaiming Ukraine and its capital, “the mother of Russian cities,” for Russian Orthodoxy is worth a major war. Make no mistake, this is a religious war, even if almost nobody in the West realizes it.

fkajwg

formerly known as ...
Forum Supporter
In this view, Kyiv. Or in Russian, Kiev, would be an important prize.

J

Zak

Legend
Alright I'm gonna pop some smoke and take the heat off Rob...
This is all the media's next big wet dream. The next edition of the narative. Its all for show. This guy from england bought a ticket and walked right into Ukraine and documented what he saw. There may be fighting in certain areas and regions but not as extreme as they are making out. Why have we gone from 100% covid covid covid for 2 years to 100% Ukraine practically overnight.

Weird how some people are willing to believe that events they did not personally experience are staged. Covid, Sandy Hook school shooting, moon landings, evolution, the earth being round, the list goes on.

Weird how on one hand the governments of the world could get together and stage a massive conspiracy with not a single leak, and on the other hand these global conspiracies can be easily revealed by some doofus with a cell phone camera just looking around.

Also, I bet "LezLuther" went on and on around the campfire about the "33" on Rolling Rock bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.