NFR Ukraine...Little Did I Know

Non-fishing related
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
It looks like we now have a true leader to follow into hardships with, Awesome ! what a babbling bunch of bullshit this tread has become . try to mention Ukraine ( the people who are being killed while sleeping in their beds) while you philosophy about current politics.

Nothing political about what I said. It's the distilled psychology of why the Russian effort isn't the great success Putin thought it would be. Meanwhile the Ukrainian president inspires a lesser force to great resistance despite massive tragic hardship.

But please regale me with more of your insightful thoughts and egocentric preoccupation with your own politics that are so much more relevant.........

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
Saudi Arabia Considers Accepting Yuan Instead of Dollars for Chinese Oil Sales - WSJ https://www.wsj.com/articles/saudi-...-of-dollars-for-chinese-oil-sales-11647351541

Discussions have restarted about countries like India and China paying for oil using the Chinese yuan. One of many ripple effects of Putin's invasion may be to erosion of the petrodollar system. Gold bugs and crypto-fanatics are taking note.

Last edited:

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
So we now can't ask questions because its.... Why? Who deems which questions are innocent and what ones are not? I'm seriously lost now this is the most 1984 thing I've ever heard in a long time.

If you watch, you will note that he is not asking serious questions that no one else will ask, he uses this device to build straw man arguments - he has argued that Zelensky is a dictator (he was democratically elected in what were deemed free and fair elections), that Ukraine is not a democracy (it is - see previous point), suggested we should support Putin because he has never asked us to "teach children to embrace racial discrimination" and he is not "trying to snuff out Christianity" - he lies (see his lies on Ukrainian biological weapons)

- he is now being actively promoted on Russian TV

(Yes, Mother Jones is considered pretty far left, but both it and David Corn have a serious track record of being correct)

- Carlson is, of course, free to do all of this (unlike the countries of the "leaders" he seems to embrace), one just needs to see it and him for what it is and what he is.

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
20220316_085813.jpg
Ukraine military hit the Russians hard at the occupied Kherson Airport in the south. Nice!
It looks like an amphibious landing near Odessa may be in the works though.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
If you watch, you will note that he is not asking serious questions that no one else will ask, he uses this device to build straw man arguments - he has argued that Zelensky is a dictator (he was democratically elected in what were deemed free and fair elections), that Ukraine is not a democracy (it is - see previous point), suggested we should support Putin because he has never asked us to "teach children to embrace racial discrimination" and he is not "trying to snuff out Christianity" - he lies (see his lies on Ukrainian biological weapons)

- he is now being actively promoted on Russian TV

(Yes, Mother Jones is considered pretty far left, but both it and David Corn have a serious track record of being correct)

- Carlson is, of course, free to do all of this (unlike the countries of the "leaders" he seems to embrace), one just needs to see it and him for what it is and what he is.
Got it, Tucker questions bad, Mother Jones questions good. I need these valuable lessons for the future social credit system.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Got it, Tucker questions bad, Mother Jones questions good. I need these valuable lessons for the future social credit system.

If that is the way you're going to read what I wrote and the sources I supplied, so be it, more's the shame. Have a good one.

Xoxo

It looks like we now have a true leader to follow into hardships with, Awesome ! what a babbling bunch of bullshit this tread has become . try to mention Ukraine ( the people who are being killed while sleeping in their beds) while you philosophy about current politics.
Your comment is confusing and feels unwarranted. I appreciate that this thread at 69 pages. So please…. if you think this is bullshit thread…PLEASE refrain from reading it then. It’s posts like this that will lead to a lockdown. .

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
Just read a headline...

Russian model who criticized Putin found dead in suitcase..

All that is needed for evil to take over is for good men to do nothing..

Hell there aren't even good men around to do nothing . Just a bunch of cowards thinking they have to avoid war at all costs.
I am deeply embarrassed by my government and NATO.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Just read a headline...

Hell there aren't even good men around to do nothing . Just a bunch of cowards thinking they have to avoid war at all costs.
Did you only read the headline?

"Her 'jealous' ex-boyfriend Dmitry Korovin, 23, has confessed more than a year later to strangling her to death after a row over money in Moscow unrelated to her political views and analysis of Putin's mind and motives."

"Dmitry Korovin, 23, confessed to strangling her to death and abandoning the body in the trunk of a car.

FOX News reported, Korovin informed authorities that he slept in a hotel room with her body, which was packed in a recently purchased suitcase, for three nights. The man then placed her body in the trunk for a year while continuing to post to her social media accounts to give the impression that she was still alive."

"Korovin told authorities that he slept in a hotel room for three nights with her dead body, which was stuffed in a newly bought suitcase. The man then left her body in the trunk for a year but kept posting to her social media pages to make it look like she was still alive."

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter

"Her 'jealous' ex-boyfriend Dmitry Korovin, 23, has confessed more than a year later to strangling her to death after a row over money in Moscow unrelated to her political views and analysis of Putin's mind and motives."

"Dmitry Korovin, 23, confessed to strangling her to death and abandoning the body in the trunk of a car.

FOX News reported, Korovin informed authorities that he slept in a hotel room with her body, which was packed in a recently purchased suitcase, for three nights. The man then placed her body in the trunk for a year while continuing to post to her social media accounts to give the impression that she was still alive."

"Korovin told authorities that he slept in a hotel room for three nights with her dead body, which was stuffed in a newly bought suitcase. The man then left her body in the trunk for a year but kept posting to her social media pages to make it look like she was still alive."
yeah that was a real click-baity headline. I read it and then realized that she had likely simply been the victim of a nut job boyfriend, not silenced by the government.
-andy

Flymph

Steelhead
Just what is the cost of peace? Below is a piece from NYT.

I review this thread every day because of its value and admiration for those of you who have a lot more insight and incredible sources than I do. Like @Jojo, I would hate to see it locked down. May I suggest you tactfully question a post that you find irritable and leave it at that without an ensuing pissing match.

Putin’s price​

Vladimir Putin’s history makes it hard to imagine a peace agreement in which an independent Ukraine continues to exist.​
Consider the obstacles: Putin views Ukraine as a natural part of greater Russia. To control it, he has at his disposal a military vastly stronger than Ukraine’s. He has also demonstrated — in Chechnya and Syria — that he will kill large numbers of civilians to achieve his aims. In Ukraine, Putin seems willing to spend months if not years fighting a brutal war over a place that matters more to him than to the rest of the world.​
But if it is hard to imagine his accepting some version of defeat, it is not impossible. It would probably involve his deciding that the war was becoming too costly — that it threatened the rest of his priorities and perhaps even his position as Russia’s authoritarian leader.​

Rob Allen

Life of the Party

I'll admit.. I jumped to conclusions.. ignore me.

I think this retired general shares viewpoints with a few on this thread:

Please note, I do not share these views. I see where he's going, but imho the only logical conclusion is full war. I agree that its possible to wage conventional war without nuclear arms, and even that its the most likely scenario. Hard to take a path with non-zero chance of nuclear war with a non-rational actor, but lets ignore that. Even a full scale conventional war would result in more dead, not less.

I'm glad that its being discussed though. We need more retired generals to beat the drum. I'm very happy cooler heads are prevailing at the top, but credible threats are useful.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I'll admit.. I jumped to conclusions.. ignore me.
I don't want to ignore you, Rob, and it is true like @Merle points out that most of the headlines are completely misleading clickbait. And a lot of the sources reporting on this are worthy of a healthy dose of skepticism. Skepticism is good and useful. Occam's Razor is also useful. It gets exhausting having to be so diligent with researching information all the time.

RichS

Life of the Party
Just read a headline...

Ukraine is taking volunteers. If you so ashamed why not pack up your bags and go do something- or is it just other people you want in harm’s way?

Status
Not open for further replies.