Search results

1. Divad

NFR A Flag Gripe

First you had blue lines, then red for firefighters, green for military, yellow for dispatchers…why not orange for wildfire crews and purple for medical professionals to complete the spectrum? My point and gripe is, that I do not think changing the flag as a medium for supporting a group is the...
  2. Divad

Lion Thinning 🎉

I was told April 1st, sea lions will be able to be killed?! This is huge! It’s going to be a holiday for me. Probably 50 of them at Haydu, and 50+ easy above the park today. Insane. Conservation is needed. I’m ready for a sea lion coat!
  3. Divad

Backpack Style Fish Cooler?

I’m wanting to rig up a fish cooler on my back for summer to hold a fish horizontal. Most of the cooler backpacks I see I’d be forced to bend the fish in and run it vertical where it would not be on ice. So I’m thinking of getting something like this and modifying it to attach to a backpack...
  4. Divad

SOLD LL Bean Goretex Pro Jacket/Shell - Heavy Duty - New

Selling a new LL Bean Ascent Goretex Pro 3 Layer jacket. This is a very heavy duty rain jacket, that includes reinforced seams, shoulders, elbows etc and thick Goretex layers. A multitude of pockets, some at chest height for easy access, pit zips and fleece protected zipper areas. Large, will...
  5. Divad

SOLD Lamson Liquid S Fly Reel 678 - NEW

I have a new Lamson Liquid S in the 678 size for sale, still in box. Sealed drag and lightweight at 5.2oz. Possible trade for classic click and pawl reel(s) with full frame and palming rim, else selling for $100. Willing to ship.
  6. Divad

Building Tension Spooling Backing to Reel?

How do you guys build tension when spooling backing? I’ve been mounting my backing spool to a taped pencil and then run the dacron between my bare knees and squeezing. After doing this 3-4 times admittedly the inside of my knees are a little raw but it builds strong tension. Ive tried using my...
  7. Divad

Dyeing New Style Fly Lines?

I found a well documented post online about this but after reading through the thread it seems folks might have issues with new coated lines. Anybody dyed a new line in the last few years that had a coating? Trying to turn an intermediate pale blue/green SA Sonar line a muted olive/brown.
  8. Divad

Cabelas Prestige Plus Intermediate?

Has anyone messed with a Cabelas Prestige Plus full intermediate line before? Not much info on it but figure for $20 it’s worth a shot. https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-prestige-plus-full-intermediate-fly-line From what I gather the lines are made by Rio?
  9. Divad

The Fly Fisher in Olympia Is No More

Our little local fly shop in Oly, The Fly Fisher, has closed sadly. Bjorn closed up shop earlier this month and does not plan to reopen. Reoccurring local winter closures has been tough keeping customers in the shop he said. Great guy, great shop, great loss. With no fly shops in Thurston...
  10. Divad

SOLD Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv Sonar w/ mounting kit

I have an Echomap Plus 73cv sonar unit for sale. All original hardware, transducer and mounting kit is included. In very good clean condition without any issues. Selling for $230, meet up in the South Sound else willing to ship. Bright, sunlight-readable 7” combo offers the convenience of a...
  11. Divad

Planned vs Reality of Lake Stocking #s - Large Discrepancy

How on earth is 28% fulfillment to plan acceptable?! Thurston County’s well known little selective gear trout lake was planned to receive 1,785 jumbo plants this year, though it has only received 500. And I’m sure other lakes are in the same boat. I called the WDFW and the gal this morning...
  12. Divad

Rod Building The Rod Building Thread

A place to post your rod build pictures, current works in progress, inspirations, and everything in-between.
  13. Divad

NFR Hockey 23/24 Season

Kicking off the season tonight against the defending Stanley Cup champs! Game will be on ESPN @ 730. Here’s to a new season of hockey 🏒 🥅
  14. Divad

Rod Building Using a 7’ Fly Blank for an Ultralight?

While trying to get my 4 yr old nephew into fishing my sister has become hooked. So much so that she even shares his rod but ultimately fishes 85% of the time. So wanted to build her an ultralight for her birthday. Since she loves orange I found a 7’ 3wt glass blank in the color but was...
  15. Divad

How to Make a Loop in Fly Line, Polyleader, or Versileader

Figured I’d share a step-by-step on how I whip up strong loops in various line materials. Works on fly line, polyleaders, versileaders, intermediate etc. This was taught to me by Bjorn at The Fly Fisher. The most important material needed is 100d GSP (Gel Spun Poly) and a bobbin. Normal thread...
  16. Divad

Salem Approves Urban Archery Deer Hunting (Virginia…nm)

Edit: Salem Virginia is a thing, nothing to see here. Carry on.
  17. Divad

Prop Change for Minn Kotas (BIG difference)

Seems the 10x5 and 10x4 props this guys uses creates less power draw and increases top speed. What more could you want! I know what I’m upgrading later in the season when I get to lake fishing more.
  18. Divad

NFR Passing Cars Correctly with Space

I’m a rather slow driver, speed limit or a little over, don’t need to go Mach 10 and danger others so I enjoy the right lane. But when people pass and then almost cut me off it’s extremely disrespectful. Don’t do that. Why? Well because where are the two places road debris congregates, the...
  19. Divad

Non-Fly Okuma Epixor Rod?

Anybody messed around with these one piece inshore/freshwater rods? I was able to use a discount to nab a 7’6” medium for $50 and went for it. Week out from delivery hoping my weak spot for one piece doesn’t let me down as not many reviews on them.
  20. Divad

YoY Low Summer Head Return

Well this time last year I could find runs holding a dozen fish easy with a couple keeping over 20-30 summer-run. Of the 3 streams I fish regularly, this year is a much sparser affair. Going to check some odd spots this weekend but keeping expectations low unfortunately. Wonder if they’re...