NFR Hockey 23/24 Season

Non-fishing related

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Why was the puck drop delayed 45 minutes?

Let's go Kraken!

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Bit of a rough start for the Kraken. But not surprising against last year's champs (also a team that has beaten SEA 8 out of the last 9 times or something). They did come out of the gate with some pressure and created some good chances that just didn't get the bit of luck needed. And the Tanev own-ish goal was a bit of very bad luck. Worse was that it looks like Tanev will be out for a bit from that big crappy hit he took.

But the power play was weak sauce all game. 0-4? Getting nothing out of the 5 minute major? They need to get back to the drawing board. In fairness, the PK held Vegas to 0-4 on the PP, so that's something.

All in all, not a super surprising result. Vegas is good. We'll have to see how the rest of the opening pile of games goes. Will say that I continue to not love national announcers doing kraken games. Not that they did a bad job, I just really like John Forslund, JT Brown and Eddie Olczyk. Forslund is a genuine treasure and the Kraken were lucky to lure him to the team.

So that ESPN could show the banner raising.
Blegh. I feel like that should be a local TV thing in Vegas. Nobody else cares.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The goalie for vegas looked a lil lonely last nite. The puck was at the far end most of the time.

No real pressure on vegas for the 5 min major was bad coaching.

Divad

Whitefish
The goalie for vegas looked a lil lonely last nite. The puck was at the far end most of the time.

No real pressure on vegas for the 5 min major was bad coaching.
33 shots on goal but it did not feel like that. I do miss Sprong's swagger, though Yamamoto has some spunk.

Really hope Brian Dumoulin's defensive play last night was not indicative of what we are getting from him.

Look forward to seeing some improvements tomorrow. 🐙

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Subscription based models for viewing most live sporting events will be the only way to view them within 10 years, or as soon as the media deals currently in place expire I would think.
Pay per viewing individual games even, the money is certainly there for that type of model, and even us old timers gave up cable/ broadcast a while ago.
:)

Divad

Whitefish
🥾 🦵 it all.

Vegas has tonight’s books about even, hope we blow it out of the water, Dumoulin learns to skate again, Grub snaps into the groove he talked about and our f****** rhythm picks up in the attacking zone.

What happened to the Kraken vaunted chip and chase, hard hitting, forechecking, fastest four lines in the league, that took them to the playoffs last season? I know it’s difficult to sustain. Did Hackstol dump it to return to a more traditional style of play? I know it’s only two games but I haven’t seen a hint of last year’s style except for Grubbie . . .

Leland

Divad

Whitefish
Not seeing some clear shooters arise aside from McCann and Bjork, so the loss of Sprong hurts thus far. Geekie and Donato were good glue. The way they let go of Geekie was wrong, guy found out via Twitter…

Seems like things were starting to click for chemistry towards the back half of last year and now they have to re-find the sync button. Yamamoto should be a good swap.

Not impressed with off-season player management. 🤳🪑📈 I’d of loved to see some spit shown after that shot on Tanev, hell Dunn has more fire in him than Oleksisoft.

RCF

Life of the Party
Why does this thread sound/read so much like the PNWFF 2023 Mariner's thread? It is only the beginning of the season. Sheesh...

Arm chair hockey stick slap shots at its finest..

Divad

Whitefish
Why does this thread sound/read so much like the PNWFF 2023 Mariner's thread? It is only the beginning of the season. Sheesh...

Arm chair hockey stick slap shots at its finest..
Hey now I called out my own arm chair coaching thank you that means you can’t give shit for it.

But it looks like,
1697646194303.gif