Search results

1. dpenrod

Reels all sold except the retro Medalist

That Leland is a real looker. Wish I had a need for it. Good luck with the sale.
  2. dpenrod

Cutthroat Pond

How do you like that tube? Been eyeballing them for a while. Is there a tougher coating on the bottom or is it just whatever the material the rest of the tube is made from?
  3. dpenrod

Rods for sale

Sent you a PM.
  4. dpenrod

What's Catching You Fish?

Great looking fly! What's that body material if you don't mind sharing?
  5. dpenrod

What a fish!
  6. dpenrod

Great looking fly! Wouldn’t mind the recipe if you’re willing to share.
  7. dpenrod

Balanced Leech Methods?

Great looking flies. What is the body material on the two center leeches?
  8. dpenrod

Sage Sonic 5wt

Looking for some real world reviews on the Sonic 5wt. Have one on the used rack at my local fly shop. Gave it a spin and was underwhelmed. Maybe not the right line? Price is right though. Thanks for any input.
  9. dpenrod

Fly fishing youtubers

Ditto on the huge Flyfisherman and Drew lookin fishy. For tying really like Galloup, Gunner Brammer and Tim Flagler.
  10. dpenrod

What line do you like for your Steffen?
  11. dpenrod

Show me your bass

Love the markings on that first fish. Just beautiful.
  12. dpenrod

One day glass build

Beautiful work!
  13. dpenrod

Micropterus ontopterus!

Absolute beast. Think I recognize a Supercat float tube underneath that monster. I've had the Supercat 50 for 15 years. Still going strong.
  14. dpenrod

Bass on the fly advice...

With a floating line, I'll use a heavy, shorter tapered leader usually 6'. Normally throwing a sink tip line with weighted flies on a 4' piece of straight mono usually 10lb. test. Works well. One of my favorite flies is Pat Ehler's Grim Reaper. I tie a scaled down version I can throw on a 6wt.
  15. dpenrod

No sounds around these parts. 90% of my fishing is warmwater. Some really nice strip pits I fish about an hour away. Have access to several farm ponds. I fish some smaller lakes. It's a trout catcher at the state parks but also works quite well on the White River in Arkansas. I tie it in...
  16. dpenrod

This simple leech catches tons of fish for me every year #10 Umpqua U555 jig hook Black, brown and olive marabou tail with rootbeer crystal flash 50/50 blend of Olive and Canadian Brown Arizona Simi Seal 5/32 Mocha Firehole Stone tungsten slotted bead
  17. dpenrod

What's in your vise?

I tie a simple olive leech on a jig hook that catches more fish for me every year than any other fly I fish...maybe because I fish it more. Has accounted for trout, smallies, LMB, bluegill, redear, crappie and catfish. Really like the Umpqua U555 hook. Long shank jig. Makes for a great...
  18. dpenrod

NFR 2021/22 NFL Football

I live in KCMO. Congrats to Cincy. What Mahomes has done for football in this town in the last 4 years is nothing short of amazing. Coming away with zero points on that last series of the first half was a bit of a head scratcher. Sure it will be the hot topic on all the talk shows tomorrow AM.
  19. dpenrod

Floating line for bass bugs?

Big fan of the Wulff Bass taper.