Micropterus ontopterus!

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
I'm watching to learn, I got these down with gear, but a few have come to flies. I want to throw a topwater fly into that back corner.
20210530_bigwoop.jpg

Last edited:

GAT

Dumbfounded
Forum Supporter
Largest LMB I've caught so far. Hit a mouse pattern and I missed it. Made another cast and it hit it again and this time, I managed to land it:

big bass with mouse.jpg

More of a typical size I catch at the farmer's lake ... with my most effective popper:
Big Bass 3.jpg

It's hard to tell the size of the fish on my stripping skirt. For reference, the yellow tape strip on the rod shaft is 20 inches from the reel seat end cap.

Last edited:

dpenrod

Smolt
Largest LMB I've caught so far. Hit a mouse pattern and I missed it. Made another cast and it hit it again and this time, I managed to land it:

View attachment 1903

More of a typical size I catch at the farmer's lake ... with my most effective popper:
View attachment 1902

It's hard to tell the size of the fish on my stripping skirt. For reference, the yellow tape strip on the rod shaft is 20 inches from the reel seat end cap.
Absolute beast. Think I recognize a Supercat float tube underneath that monster. I've had the Supercat 50 for 15 years. Still going strong.

GAT

Dumbfounded
Forum Supporter
Yup... my Supercat has also been with me for 15 or so years. It helps that they are made from rubber raft material.

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
This middling but enthusiastic guy went for a leftover dragontail NYAP popper left over from a Xmas Island trip
20190521_181633.jpg
A 4wt Eagle Claw glass and a dry fly is fun when there's lots of little guys to play with
20191010_142209.jpg