Search results

1. Theron

Pass Lake green?

My neighbors drove past Pass Lake yesterday and said it was green and nobody fishing. I was thinking of heading up there soon so has anyone else noticed anything at Pass?
  2. Theron

Dubbing

I won this a couple of years ago and have never used it. I have a supply of dubbing in colors that I use so this is free to anyone who would like it.
  3. Theron

SRC on Whidbey Island?

I live on the island and have mostly fished for Salmon on the beaches here. Most of my fly fishing on the island has been on the lakes for rainbows and browns. I usually went to the OP when I wanted to fish for SRC but the ferry is not all that reliable. Has any one been successful and fishing...
  4. Theron

Rezzies

I am fairly new to the area and Salmon fishing. I keep seeing people post about catching rezzies. How do you determine if it is a rezzie or a wild or a factory salmon?
  5. Theron

Cooking Crab

I've always boiled my crab especially when I have several to cook. I sometimes clean them first and other times just toss them in whole. Today I came home with only one lone crab and considered steaming instead of boiling since it seemed a waste of time to start my outdoor burner for one crab...
  6. Theron

Fly Selection/Pass & Lone Lake

I've had fairly good luck at both lakes over the last few years starting the day with a size 12 Simi-seal leech in blood red or black. I will size up or down sometimes or switch to a damsel fly nymph or Stillwater nymph in size 12 or 14. Do any of you have any flies that work well for you? Do...
  7. Theron

Pass Lake Fly Lines

I have always fished Pass Lake with a type 5 or 6 full sinking line. I have been fishing the lake for the last 9 years since I moved to the area and have almost always been successful. I am trying to convince my neighbor and fishing partner that he needs got get his of his floating line and...
  8. Theron

Pass Lake-Boat/Float Tube?

My neighbor wants go fishing with me on Pass Lake with a small row boat. His age prevents him from using a float tube. I have only fished Pass with a float tube or inflatable pontoon. Would it be advisable to have two anchors on the boat to keep it more stable in the water? I can pretty much...
  9. Theron

Split Shot

Are there area where split shot is allowed or not allowed here in Washington? Google search turned up nothing. I have been using a swivel when chironomid fishing but was considering trying a split shot to get the fly down deeper.
  10. Theron

Cranberry Lake - Whidbey

I have an elderly neighbor, more elderly than me anyway, who wants to go fishing. He is not a fly fisher so I thought Cranberry Lake might be a good option. He has a boat with an electric motor. I think the length is about 16 feet. I will probably fly fish with sinking line or try some indicator...
  11. Theron

Corned Beef

Boil, bake, or slow cooker? What is your preferred method for preparing corned beef.