Pass Lake-Boat/Float Tube?

Theron

Keeper of the bees
My neighbor wants go fishing with me on Pass Lake with a small row boat. His age prevents him from using a float tube. I have only fished Pass with a float tube or inflatable pontoon. Would it be advisable to have two anchors on the boat to keep it more stable in the water? I can pretty much hold my position with a float tube but I feel like a boat would need to be anchored. I haven't seen a lot of boats on Pass so I am curious as to the best method for successful fishing.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
My neighbor wants go fishing with me on Pass Lake with a small row boat. His age prevents him from using a float tube. I have only fished Pass with a float tube or inflatable pontoon. Would it be advisable to have two anchors on the boat to keep it more stable in the water? I can pretty much hold my position with a float tube but I feel like a boat would need to be anchored. I haven't seen a lot of boats on Pass so I am curious as to the best method for successful fishing.
All depends on the dub. You know that word that starts with the letter between V and X in the alphabet? If it's nukin' and you want to bobber fish, you likely need two anchors. If it is just a slight breeze from a steady direction, one anchor can work fine. If you're casting and stripping it may not matter as much. You could also toss streamers to the bank, take turns being on the sticks and being the fisher, and not anchor at all, just cover water.

Irafly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I’d use two, I do use two.

Last edited: