Recent content by Chris Bailey

1. Chris Bailey

The good boat deal thread

This Portabote is a pretty good deal. I don't hear these discussed much around here. I have pretty much this same boat and it does a pretty good job filling a unique use profile; stability of a small rowboat with the storage footprint of a SUP...
  2. Chris Bailey

Fly fishing podcasts?

It's been a while since I stopped listening because I got caught up, but I really enjoyed the Drake podcast. I thought it had ended but it looks like there are more episodes since I stopped listening. https://drakemag.com/drakecast-fly-fishing-podcast/
  3. Chris Bailey

Washingtonians- Do you like where you live? Either way, why?

I have an old fashioned cabin in the woods and you can definitely find one for less than the cost of that truck/camper combo. After spending most of my time up there doing repairs and maintenance over the last couple years, I frequently find myself wishing I had the camper instead. The...
  4. Chris Bailey

The good boat deal thread

Here is what seems to me to be a good deal on an Outcast Stryker in the Portland area. I would love to have one of these but will have to pass for a little while longer. https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/boa/d/happy-valley-outcast-stryker-96ft/7536921526.html
  5. Chris Bailey

Who has an Outcast Fish Cat Pro and what do you use it for?

When I first read this I didn't check the link and just assumed you were talking about this: https://www.outcastboats.com/product/fish-cat-cruzer/ , which is basically just a Fish Cat 4 with oars and the "rowing while dragging your feet" issue OMJ brought up. These I don't really get but I'm...
  6. IMG_2811.jpeg

IMG_2811.jpeg

7. Chris Bailey

Charcoal Grill Recommendations?

If I hadn't bought an Egg to do everything, I would have bought a PK grill (www.pkgrills.com/) as our primary grill. I've had Webers, and wanted something a bit more solid. For the price, though, the standard Weber kettles are a no-brainer. I like the rectangular shape and air controls of the PK...
  8. Chris Bailey

Show us your go to “Happy Place”

This is my happy place. My cabin in the woods on the east side of Chinook Pass. At times it is also a thorn in my side, a money pit, the bane of my existence, etc., but it's mine. It's a USFS lot cabin with all the benefits and drawbacks associated with that. My avatar photo is about 100 yards...
  9. Chris Bailey

Bikepacking

I like this guy. The Vancouver Island trips are nice to watch and he seems to do stuff that is a little more attainable now that I'm older and graying. I have no illusions of long trips of hundreds of miles, but there are quite a few old closed logging roads around where our cabin is that would...
  10. Chris Bailey

NFR Electric Truck

A couple things. First, there are a lot of natural materials that become pollutants once we start mucking with them or creating more; crude oil, uranium, lead, CO2, etc. Even heat itself is a pollutant in some contexts, but you wouldn't want to live without it at natural levels. Just because...