What's in your cast iron tonight?

mickey rat

Vermin
Mrs Rat and I are trying to calm ourselves down from world events and watching 'All Creatures Great and Small'. Tried Yorkshire pudding. I always thought it was probably something disgusting , think blood sausage, but basically a dutch baby with the lid of the 10" Lodge for breakfast.
Might add my go to's for campsite community dinners in the cast iron are P. Prudomme's Seafood Gumbo and Marbella Chicken. https://www.freshoffthegrid.com/dutch-oven-chicken-marbella/

mark wlker

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
My better half's favorite dinner is Black Cod glazed for 2/3 days in a mixture of Sake, mirin. white miso and granulated sugar. Tough to get the black cod in central Arizona so I use Chilean Sea Bass as a suitable replacement. Served with wild rice/quinoa and a side of seasoned cauliflower.
Oh Baby!
IMG_0050.jpg

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Do you rinse or do you soak the quinoa before cooking ?

B

bennysbuddy

See, now, there's a lesson I need to learn. If I want something, I should get it while I can.
yep, I to held of to long ,there are a few overseas knock off that look promising

Reactions: Zak

Aufwuchs

Steelhead
My better half's favorite dinner is Black Cod glazed for 2/3 days in a mixture of Sake, mirin. white miso and granulated sugar. Tough to get the black cod in central Arizona so I use Chilean Sea Bass as a suitable replacement. Served with wild rice/quinoa and a side of seasoned cauliflower.
Oh Baby!
View attachment 7371
Black cod done right is one of the best fish in the sea.

B

bennysbuddy

I was the cook on a Norwegian trawler Crabber years ago. The Norwegians loved black cod but only after it had been frozen. We ate a lot of seafood on that boat mainly true cod that was caught that day.