What have you done for your boat lately?

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Apparently, I can only attach 1 file at a time.

Playing with different deck options.
IMG_2566.jpg

Reactions: M_D

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The top 2 are beautiful work Jake, but I feel that last one isn't quite up to your usual standards...

I didn't do the work, but I did make the purchase on a nice new set of oars just in time for a long difficult float. I absolutely LOVE them. Well worth the 2 month wait. That spare oar on the side is about 10 years old, fell into the campfire about 5 years ago, and just got that new blade last year that must weight 35 lbs.

Oars.jpg

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
The top 2 are beautiful work Jake, but I feel that last one isn't quite up to your usual standards...

I didn't do the work, but I did make the purchase on a nice new set of oars just in time for a long difficult float. I absolutely LOVE them. Well worth the 2 month wait. That spare oar on the side is about 10 years old, fell into the campfire about 5 years ago, and just got that new blade last year that must weight 35 lbs.

View attachment 44364
The guy who owned the fly shop I worked for in LaGrand always used to say. " if you're gonna walk from Minam to Troy why would you want to drag a boat along" :)

BriGuy

Life of the Party
Yeah, my gunwale is curved. I have apretty good way to stow them inside the hull, but it would be nice to get that real estate back for rod tubes or holders.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
I finally got tired of having to bend down and steer manually. Now my leg or hip will be sore from steering with my foot. :)
View attachment 44800

Now I have to figure out replacing the blue turf. And how much effort I want to put into it.
They make trays that will recess your foot control down into the deck of your boat so that you stand more flat. They are a great addition to a boat if you find that your back hurts after using the foot controlled motor.

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
They make trays that will recess your foot control down into the deck of your boat so that you stand more flat. They are a great addition to a boat if you find that your back hurts after using the foot controlled motor.
That would probably be worth the $$. Thanks!

Jeff Dodd

Steelhead
I've been conteplating that for my boat. Do you find that they get in the way of fly line, landing/netting fish, or other things?
So far I’ve not discovered any drawbacks.

Of course, my fly line snagged the thumb tension screw once, but still way better than having the oars inside the boat.