What Are You Eating?

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
Deviled ham sandwich. I had a gallon bag of frozen spiral cut ham left over from Christmas (!) and had a craving.

Underwood deviled ham from the paperwrapped can on white bread toast was a childhood treat for me, when I was at Grandma's. My parents were more of the homemade whole wheat bread and homemade yogurt school.

I went out to Fred Meyers and bought an electric food processor and doubled this recipe:

Yield: 8 to 10 servings
½ pound cooked ham
¼ cup chopped onion
¼ cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
½ teaspoon prepared horseradish
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper

No picture today, because I wolfed down what I made as soon as it hit the plate. And frankly, it's not that photogenic! But it is delicious (and now my favorite way to use leftover ham). I'll be eating it over the next two days.

Last edited:

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
I am definitely not being technical with the lingo. Best part, per my mate, was the crispy belly that he called Chicharrón, I couldn’t find any better part so I agreed. But it was all delicious, dark and light meat, skin, did not matter.

My friend has one of these, simply amazing results!

Reactions: HOG

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
A bowl of cocoa puffs and a pc of banana nut bread.
Sunday morning is starting off great.

I did eat about 2 dozen oysters at Oysterfest
yesterday.

Jerry Daschofsky

The fishing camp cook
Forum Legend
I didn't take pics of all the food. This is the leftovers.

I mentor young drivers a lot. My two favorites over the years I'm still close with. Had them over last night. I picked up a few rolls from Sushi Burrito, one brought Mexican rice and queso/chips, and other bright drinks. Was a great night BSn outside, eating good food, and enjoying drinks around the fire.

20221002_085256.jpg

G_Smolt

Legend
I dig the funkiness of a Morgon. Not something I seek out, and the Beaujolais region doesn't necessarily figure heavily in my cellar plan, but I won't say no if I find one below the curve of my qpr