What Are You Eating?

VAGABOND

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Bo ssam pork shoulder after 6 hours at 300F.
View attachment 36816
Covered with brown sugar and vinegar glaze, then glazed in 500F oven. The roast beast can sit out for an hour before finishing with glaze.
View attachment 36817
View attachment 36818

Meanwhile making sauces, especially ginger scallion sauce.
View attachment 36819

Break open and chop the roast, and make little lettuce tacos with rice,
Delicious!
Outstanding…….I just put on 5.75 lbs looking at the images. If I go back and read it again the Apple Pie will be missing!

Reactions: Zak

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
And chocolate chili flourless cake my daughter made. Perfect mix of sweet, bitter, and heat.

22DFF48B-F658-4677-BFD9-EB0B542083F3.jpeg

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
It’s my wife’s birthday today…and since she was born in Tennessee, I made her favorite breakfast…

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I’ve always wanted to try wapato. How is it?
I think it's good. I've had it twice. First time it was boiled just a bit and had a bit of firmness to it, and it reminded me of a water chestnut. This time, roasted, it was much more potato-like, almost a creamy texture like a Yukon gold, but with a touch of slightly bitter funk, not unpleasant, and there was a crisp peel. I might have gone a little on the long side on the roast time.

Ronbow

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
How long will you be in Japan? Beautiful meal - breakfast?
Here for 10 days, Nikko onsen, Izu-Kogen Ryokan, and Shinagawa. Mostly visiting family and friends. No fishing this time. Return the 27th. Yes, breakfast. Diner night before was even much better, but came in three sets. Wagyu.......

Last edited: