The good boat deal thread

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
The Minam Store (https://minamstore.com) is getting out to the raft rental & shuttle biz so they are selling all their rental rafts. Some pretty damn good deals.

View attachment 94466

If I only had a 2nd spot to park a trailer...
Their reasoning seems pretty spot on:

Finding a way to etch out a living at Minam has never been easy. If it was, our business and family would not be
all that remains at Minam after 160 years of people trying.

Hoofer

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Their reasoning seems pretty spot on:

Finding a way to etch out a living at Minam has never been easy. If it was, our business and family would not be
all that remains at Minam after 160 years of people trying.
I’m sorry to hear this. Nice folks and a solid operation. But we were their last rental boat off the river a couple of years ago, on July 7th, when the river was dropping really fast. Makes a short rental season, even on a great river. Maybe we’ll buy an IK, and get an extra-big breakfast next year during the stoneflies. I’ll bet their guided trips are sweet.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
That's a great deal on a sweet little raft!

ffb

Chum Bucket
Forum Supporter
Looks like NRS discontinued their slipstream fishing rafts. Looks like a pretty good price for a brand new 2 person framed raft:

cole_p

Yelling at trout
Forum Supporter
Looks like NRS discontinued their slipstream fishing rafts. Looks like a pretty good price for a brand new 2 person framed raft:
They are going to release an updated version of their slipstream line in 2024. Hugely popular package. Wonder if they’ll increase the discount even more when that happens.

Reactions: ffb

ffb

Chum Bucket
Forum Supporter
They are going to release an updated version of their slipstream line in 2024. Hugely popular package. Wonder if they’ll increase the discount even more when that happens.
I was wondering about that, when I was contemplating picking up a raft those were on the top of my list.

DKL

Steelhead
I had been eyeing the 96 for a while. When they initially discounted it I pulled the trigger. A couple of weeks later they dropped it even more. I reached out and they refunded me the difference. I think this is a helluva deal. I don’t think you can buy the components to build the frame for much less than this. I had been looking at building a frame for my striker but this was easier. It also costs less than the used striker I got a few years ago. I’m looking forward to trying it out soon. People that I would see on the river with one were really pleased with it.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
when did NRS stop putting drain holes in their tractor seats? Bought two from them in the past for my Clack driftboats, both had 'em..?

Last edited:

ffb

Chum Bucket
Forum Supporter

Just got an email that Gig Harbor Fly Shop has a couple of these in stock at that same price. Save yourself the overweight shipping fee!

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Wow! That NRS deal is less than what I spent on my Striker in 2019 and it comes with that nice frame! If you have been looking for a 2 man raft, that is the best deal you'll find by far, even with the $195 surcharge. And if Gig Harbor has some locally it would be worth driving quite a ways.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter

RCF

Life of the Party
This might be worth a look for someone wanting a small, glass lake boat:
The boat is worth more than the asking price. AND a 10hp Honda motor to boot! Won't last long for sure...