The good boat deal thread

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Don't see these Dogfish boats come up used much and $1000 is a decent savings over new. Thought about it for myself, but I think I'm sticking with a kayak for solo fishing. I need a boat I can fish two people out of and that's a little cramped in the Dogfish I think.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/399734588651932/

EDIT: I hate Facebook so much. You don't need to log in just to see a Marketplace ad. Here's a screenshot for those who also hate FB.

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 7.32.42 AM.png

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Screaming deal on the 'biggest' 10' boat you can buy...if I didn't already have a 13', I'd buy this immediately.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
A couple watermasters on CL for "best offer" Strangely, they appear to have been used in the salt for crabpots? Whatever floats your....er....boat, I suppose. Located in Oak Harbor:

Sam Roffe

If a man ain't fishing...
Forum Supporter
A couple watermasters on CL for "best offer" Strangely, they appear to have been used in the salt for crabpots? Whatever floats your....er....boat, I suppose. Located in Oak Harbor:

It'll still float.

If it was taken care of, cleaned and rinsed, really should be OK. Metal on the foot straps and D rings might be tarnished. Have one down in our boat house that has been used exclusively in the salt. As long at you take care of them, they'll be fine.

On the other hand, I have one that has seen better days. The fabric is worn and deteriorated, the chamber barrier compromised, and some of the glue is failing. I guess they do wear out.

headduck

Steelhead

Dont know the brand but appears well built... the accessories alone nearly justify the price.

Robert Engleheart

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

Dont know the brand but appears well built... the accessories alone nearly justify the price.
I have a similar looking frame, it’ll take much bigger tubes if you desire. Those look like quality oars as well.