The good boat deal thread

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Seems like a good deal... Not mine...
Unless there is something special about a Grumman that I'm unaware of (always possible), for $1k you can buy a brand new 10ft jon boat.

(I've been keeping my eye out for a cheap 10ft jon as a pickup bed pond platform)

Reactions: RCF

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Unless there is something special about a Grumman that I'm unaware of (always possible), for $1k you can buy a brand new 10ft jon boat.
4 oars, electric motor and battery... I don't know for sure. Last aluminum I bought was a Lund, worth every penny.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Needs some cleanup, but the actual boat is probably in great shape. I had one just like this for years.
'nother potential -

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
'nother potential -
That's that same grumman that Shawn posted above. Though looks like they realized that $1k was a little steep and dropped it to $800. Still not enough of a deal for me.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Good little lake boat.
@SurfnFish likes these, and for good reason.

I'm more a Sportcat fan..their cousin the Columbia's, however, are excellent prams...have higher freeboard than metal prams, lotta built in flotation, quieter than tin. Flyfisher I see regularly on Crane Prairie fishes from one with a small electric motor on it...stable enough he has no problem fighting fish standing up.