SFR Squirrels (Thread of month contender)

Sorta fishing-related

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
View attachment 19310
Not only do I have people eating out of my trash can, but this little shit just learned how. My wife already named him Henry, so I guess Henry can't suddenly disappear.
If you would stop putting such delicious morsels in there it would make it a lot easier for me to stay out, just sayin’s all. 🤭🤣

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
I wondered whether to post here or in the Humor thread
1655948509950.jpeg

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Update: Have not had squirrel issues in the last week. I think the one little bastard that was messing with all my potted herbs is now in a better place. (Outskirts of Tumwater). However, now I need to stay ahead of the game. It was also my anniversary last weekend so thought i would kill many birds with one stone. 2 new additions to the squirrel army, errr i mean family.
1656530977878.png
1656531001772.png

BriGuy

Life of the Party
Update: Have not had squirrel issues in the last week. I think the one little bastard that was messing with all my potted herbs is now in a better place. (Outskirts of Tumwater). However, now I need to stay ahead of the game. It was also my anniversary last weekend so thought i would kill many birds with one stone. 2 new additions to the squirrel army, errr i mean family.
View attachment 20513
View attachment 20514
Wait a minute. I live on the outskirts of Tumwater. :unsure:

BriGuy

Life of the Party
Other than our blueberries, we don't have many crops growing yet. The frigging robins are eyeing them just waiting to pick them off. Where do you live should I have a need to release some that hypothetically I may have trapped. ;)

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Other than our blueberries, we don't have many crops growing yet. The frigging robins are eyeing them just waiting to pick them off. Where do you live should I have a need to release some that hypothetically I may have trapped. ;)

I am at the top of Tumwater Hill my friend. Very near the water tower. Hypothetically of course.

BriGuy

Life of the Party
Okay, you're off the hook. If Olympia had an airport, I'd live near there, but in Tumwater.

Uptonogood

PNW raised
This one showed up two days ago. My Dr. Google consultation indicates hairlessness is likely caused by mange or genetic abnormality.

Attachments

• DAAC4C84-8CA3-4929-BD38-A49160F27A3F.jpeg
    DAAC4C84-8CA3-4929-BD38-A49160F27A3F.jpeg
    421 KB · Views: 16

Cliff

Steelhead
This past spring I waged war on our Eastern Grays raiding our bird feeders and suet. I used an old Crossman BB rifle. No harm to them but I'm sure it stings like hell and scares the bejesus out of them. I sort of gave up because, although they came around less often, they were totally tuned in to any human activity. If they even sensed human movement they were gone before you could get your rifle to your shoulder. An ambush was impossible. I eventually took the suet feeders down and gave up.

Tallguy

Steelhead
When I lived outside of Reno off on the edge of town, I had some serious ground squirrel problems in my fruit trees and garden. I got serious and bought a RWS 440 Magnum "Diana" pellet rifle in .177, with a good air gun scope and a good bench rest.

It wasn't engineered to shoot squirrels, it was engineered to shoot squirrels in the head.

The squirrels got exceeding rare within 50 yards of the house, and the hawks loved my new feeding station for them (after checking that the pellets went through of course).

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
After reading thru this thread I figured I'd check out the actual laws on shooting (thinking along the lines of pellet gun in the back yard). Spent some time looking up snohomish county regs on shooting BB guns/pellet guns. Came across some good but a bit confusing info. Basically, not allowed to discharge a fire arm (BB gun and pellet gun included) in any 'no shooting zones' (which is most of Snohomish County) unless your doing so to protect personal property or your life. Got me thinking, does a little bunny rabbit chowing down on my garden count as a threat to my personal property?? Hmmmmm....

Also, fun fact, it looks like a sling shot is classified in the same group as a fire arm....that was new to me. Never heard of someone illegally discharging a wrist rocket.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
After reading thru this thread I figured I'd check out the actual laws on shooting (thinking along the lines of pellet gun in the back yard). Spent some time looking up snohomish county regs on shooting BB guns/pellet guns. Came across some good but a bit confusing info. Basically, not allowed to discharge a fire arm (BB gun and pellet gun included) in any 'no shooting zones' (which is most of Snohomish County) unless your doing so to protect personal property or your life. Got me thinking, does a little bunny rabbit chowing down on my garden count as a threat to my personal property?? Hmmmmm....

Also, fun fact, it looks like a sling shot is classified in the same group as a fire arm....that was new to me. Never heard of someone illegally discharging a wrist rocket.
I think that's pretty common about discharging within city limits. wrist rocket included, though, that's new.
No exceptions for destruction of agriculture?

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter

Both of my arms can be classified as "guns" so I am screwed even if I want to pet one.